View Single Post

Old 02-14-2017, 06:06 AM
Jovi Freak

Default 2017 Jovi Awards

Hi all! This part of the forum has been a little quiet lately so I thought I'd liven things up a bit with something I'd like to call the Jovi Awards.

Basically how it works is the Jovitalk community (us!) will vote on 10 different categories relating to the band by clicking the Nominations submission form below. Voters will have 10 days to submit their votes. At the end of the voting period, the top several submissions with the most votes in each category will be nominated for the award. At this point, voting will reopen, however this time only the nominees can be voted for.

The Jovi Award categories are...
  • Best Song Based on Lyrics
  • Best Song Based on Live Performance*
  • Best Outtake**
  • Best Song released between 1982-1999
  • Best Song released between 2000-2017
  • Best Music Video
  • Best Song Moment***
  • Most Underrated Song
  • Best Album Artwork
  • Worst Song

* Basically the best song that works live in concert
** Any song not on the standard version of the band's 13 studio albums or 2 major greatest hits albums (Bonus tracks and Burning Bridges song can be voted for).
*** A specific part of a song that you love (studio recordings only). It could be a solo, a riff, a chorus, a bridge, and outro, in intro, a vocal delivery... I think you get the point

VOTING RULES
  1. Once you have submitted your nominations, you need to post in this thread saying you have done so. This prevents anyone voting more than once (your username is a requirement in the submission form anyway).
  2. Answers are text based so please be specific with your submissions. Write song titles in full, not acronyms.
  3. Only band material can be nominated. Solo material by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and David Bryan can not be voted for.

And that's it! Your votes are not made public, but feel free to discuss your nominations in this thread. Remember, you only have 10 days to vote! This cannot be extended.

voting for nominees has closed

The final nominees will be announced once voting period ends. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
-----------------------
Nomination voting has closed and it is now time to vote a for a winner!! To see the final list of nominees, click here.

voting for a winner has closed
-----------------------

RESULTS
Pending

Last edited by Savvi; 03-10-2017 at 01:50 AM..