View Single Post

Old 03-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
If done with proper technique, it shouldn't be damaging at all. Do you know if that's the case with Jon? I guess as much as I am - no...
But the thing is, I've read several "experts" state that Jon's technique has been improving and was getting better with age. Said "experts" say that even in 2013 he was singing with the right technique to protect his voice. Which makes it even more puzzling as to why it would decline so fast from March'13 (Cleveland livestream) to December'13 (Brisbane livestream). If he's singing with the right technique, he should be getting better. Richie's leaving affected his singing because of all the stated reasons (which from personal experience make a lot of sense but we don't really know what happened so like always, it's all speculation), we can buy this, but if he kept this technique, wouldn't he sound the same in 2015, rusty but in the same levels of early 2013? His improvement from 2015 to the THINFS promo shows to now is very slow and he's changed his singing again. Why, if it was working?

I'm not going to try to explain why. What do I know? But it makes sense that it's not only vocal decline for whatever reasons.

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know