A Vocal Coach about Jon's Voice Decline

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
And isn't that what I just said?

Or is it that comments referring to this group of fans imply that ALL female fans can't see past Jon's looks and are therefore "brainless"?
This. Female fans who never make OTT statements were still treated like they were brainless and couldn't see past Jon's looks, knew nothing about music, etc.

If you want to discuss this further, please contact me via IM.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
This. Female fans who never make OTT statements were still treated like they were brainless and couldn't see past Jon's looks, knew nothing about music, etc.

If you want to discuss this further, please contact me via IM.
Good enough. There's no need for further discussion because that clarifies that it was a perception issue based on past history.

For future reference, I don't feel that way about all female fans, and from what I can see, most of the people who post now don't either.

However, people do tend to filter things through their own personal experiences and it might help if we could all keep that in mind before getting on our respective high horses.

Okay, returning the thread now to its regularly scheduled discussion. Thanks for your patience, everybody!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Jovi Fan

Are you sure?!! LOL!! Didn't know if it was ever going to end!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I'm no.vocal coach but ill diagnose this.

Singing incorrectly at the top of his range whilst smoking 40 a day is gonna cause anyone problems.

It's not rocket science.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
The music wouldn't be, his voice wouldn't be, but the overall experience would. Take his million watts smile for example - even if it's fake, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Hmm ok, yeah, maybe ugly is the wrong word. I'd have fun at a Meat Loaf concert, too for example But this is Bon Jovi, this is Jon (yeah, accept it! ), and Jon just always was kind of cool (and still is to a degree, or more like likeable and all). If he weren't, I don't know if I'd become a fan (well at least not at the time when I did. Eventually, of course - that is if I had discovered the band in that case). Might seem superficial, but it's true...

I get what you're saying. Right now I'd happily take Jon looking like Shane Macgowan in exchange for 2011 Vocals, never mind the 90's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I get what you're saying. Right now I'd happily take Jon looking like Shane Macgowan in exchange for 2011 Vocals, never mind the 90's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fair point.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
oh Gosh, I googled the man and that was...harsh! ;x ;p
Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 AM
Born to be my Baby

I don't think RS's departure changed JBJ's voice, I remember him being nasal and very "lazy" as early as 2009. His voice has gone but I think he's still got it when he wants, at least in the studio. I thought he sounded good on Burning Bridges, the songs weren't overly produced like on the new album, sounded like vintage JBJ on some songs.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;
Old 04-06-2017, 06:33 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myguitar View Post
I don't think RS's departure changed JBJ's voice, I remember him being nasal and very "lazy" as early as 2009. His voice has gone but I think he's still got it when he wants, at least in the studio. I thought he sounded good on Burning Bridges, the songs weren't overly produced like on the new album, sounded like vintage JBJ on some songs.
Nah dude - I honestly think parts of the 2011 tour and 2008 tour had the best vocals from Jon since 1995. And even then - He had control and grasp of his vocals here than he did before 1990. Jon's vocals have only really started declining in the 2013 tours, and incredibly severely this tour. This tour is easily the worst vocally, including some of the dreaded Bounce shows near the end.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Nah dude - I honestly think parts of the 2011 tour and 2008 tour had the best vocals from Jon since 1995. And even then - He had control and grasp of his vocals here than he did before 1990. Jon's vocals have only really started declining in the 2013 tours, and incredibly severely this tour. This tour is easily the worst vocally, including some of the dreaded Bounce shows near the end.
No, you're wrong.

His voice started to declining in the late 90s. In the Bon Jovi songs of the Destination Anywhere promo shows you could clearly see the difference, when they got together you could see how he was struggling to hit the high notes in These Days.

There's a video of Something To Believe In in Osaka 01, if I'm not wrong - it was a mess.

Bon Jovi - Something To Believe In (Live) - YouTube

Well done, little buddy.

Last edited by Gabriel Shoes; 04-06-2017 at 05:58 PM..