View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
TLFR wasn't proper acoustic stuff, the acoustic performances from that tour are actually highly appreciated amongst fans.

And THINFS is more or less the same old due to a combination of the same producer and the musicians being relatively bland when it comes to creating new sounds.
Not what I remember reading...people hated the TLFR versions played on the following tour. I agree it wasn't 'proper' acoustic Jovi, but we can't keep expecting the 88 MTV acoustic performance, just like we can't expect Jon to sing original Always.

The Stand Up Guy stuff on the other hand IS proper acoustic stuff. The songs are different, original and of high quality. Why do you think Jon added those songs to WAN? Because that's the way he wanted to go. The fans didn't like it, so he decided to do WAN II with better songs and mixing elements of most post 2000 albums (we've even got a Bounce style track in Devil).

The result: fans initially loved THINFS, a lot still seem too. The rest of the world couldn't care less.

Personally, I think it's a shame we missed out on the opportunity of a mature intimate acoustic record with a 'different' tour. Bruce did it, Bryan Adams did it, but Jon listened to his fans; so we get the same tour with the same songs and Jon struggling more and more to please us 😉