Thread: What if....
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 03:31 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes View Post
The thing is, if wasn't for It's My Life, I hardly see Bon Jovi being successful as they are today in the US. Like someone said here ages ago, it's like Bon Jovi metamorphosed into a party band with that It's My Life vibe and it's the only way the US market embraces them. Every time Bon Jovi tried to be more socially conscious or to approach more adult content they didn't embrace. The asia did, Europe did, South America did.

That reflects what Jon was pursuing with Sex Sells. Didn't he say on WWB that they did a fanclub hearing party for the record and the fans absolutely hated it though he loved? If you ask me, Real Life, Stay, Just Older, One Wild Night, Life's Too Short For Days Like These and the other Sex Sells stuff would make a better album than Crush for my music taste, but I understand the importance of that metamorphosis caused by It's - I'm Gonna Live - My Life.
I agree about them not being (nowhere near as) popular. Disagree about the reset.

You make it sound like Sex Sells was These Days, part two with a different name. It wasn't. It was a return to a more simple (poppy) and uplifting songs. It was still (demo version of) the same album with a few different songs. Much like the 2004 vs. 2005 versions of HAND.