View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Runaway

Default Now available: Ad-Free Jovitalk Subscription

Hi all,

starting today, Jovitalk users have an option to view the forums completely AD-FREE. No popups, popunders, full screen ads, banner or even text ads.

Ad-Free Jovitalk subscription costs 12 EUR/year i.e. 1 EUR per month. You can only subscribe for one or two years (discount), as smaller amounts are pointless due to Paypal fees.

To subscribe, click here, select subscription period, and pay using Paypal (subscription will be activated and ads will disappear instantly): http://drycounty.com/jovitalk/payments.php

This option has been planned for some time now, but I've been occupied with other areas of life. The recent uproar due to the amount of ads convinced me to go ahead with implementing Ad-Free Subscription.

I don't view this as donations, but purely as a paid option to use the forums ad-free. Use of forums itself will never be subscription based. But, I will definitely try to introduce specials features for Ad-Free users if there as enough subscriptions. For now, these users have no more PM limits. Other goodies will follow after forum software upgrade to vBulletin 4, coming later this year.

I've tested the subscription procedure and it works fine, but if anything goes wrong (Paypal problems, ads don't disappear, something else stops working, ...), let me know here in this thread or e-mail me at peter@drycounty.com.

Peter