View Single Post

Old 02-05-2017, 08:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes View Post
The Drop D tunning is a Goo Goo Dolls influenced move.

Jon mentioned at Bounce release that Goo Goo Dolls influenced him (along with John Mayer and Matchbox Twenty). Having The Goo Goo Dolls as "Special Guests" was not a coincidence.

Funny, Gutterflower is my favorite GGD album but it only got Gold certification (if I'm not wrong, Bounce went Gold as well). I guess the 09/11 events affected the music business a bit, mainly because - if you pay attention - both bands came from huge recent success with Dizzy Up The Girl and Crush.
While Goo Goo Dolls use a lot of alternate tunings I wholeheartedly disagree with that. The more pop rock songs with a rootsy twist, absolutely, I could see a GGD sound but songs like The Distance, Love me back to Life, Hook me Up...I mean just put on The Distance and Creed's My Sacrifice back to back. That was clearly the sound they were after.