View Single Post

Old 12-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda
Default Anyone dislike This House is Not For Sale?

I know this sounds super negative, but I really think this is an incredibly poor album. I just don't understand the direction they're going in.

The production of the album is the worst we've ever had. Jon's vocals are so doctored and reverbed that it doesn't even sound like him anymore. His voice just sounds completely out of place and doesn't even really fit with the music. I have really good friends that have better mixed albums.

I remember Jon hyping up New Years Day saying how it was a big band effort and I just remember thinking it sounded like a paint by numbers song with Jon really forcing out his words "It's New YEEEESSSSS DDDAEEEEYY"

One of my favorite songs that was kind of listenable for me was Rollercoaster, but it was such a blatant rip-off of Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle", that I can't even listen to that anymore. Why listen to a lesser version of a song.

On a board where this album is collectively loved, help me understand why you guys like it so much, because I just can't see it.

Also, is there anyone that sees it the way I do?

This is NOT me trying to just be an ass. This is me trying to see what you guys do, because I just can't like the album because of Jon's voice, boring instruments, and directionless guitar work. But maybe I'm missing something?