View Single Post

Old 01-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
...We have no idea if they've talked or not.

You've quoted that airport comment several times, so it must really have hit a nerve! It was a soundbyte for the camera, for Pete's sake. It's pretty obvious in the video, just from the way he exaggerated "exORRRbitant", that it was purely for dramatic effect. Besides, if money was the only motive that would entice Richie to rejoin the band, it probably would have been sufficient to keep him touring in the first place.

But if money is Richie's only interest, I agree that it's probably safe to say Jon wouldn't kowtow to that. (On the bright side, if it does happen, I guess that means we can eliminate $$$ as the catalyst, doesn't it?)

If it happens, I'd prefer they do it for themselves and their music. The fans would benefit far more, IMO.

You are correct we don't know if they have had a conversation but the interview with Jon in 2015 he said no one has heard from him since... - Maybe since then??

Yes - that hit me hard.... Richie has said some arrogant sounding things since he left and I never expected that from him. I don't think it was a sound bite - I think it was an off the fly (which we often regret) response to a question he was tired of hearing. It felt somehow final after all the maybe's. I don't think he will be back - at least not any time soon.

It would be nice to think that someday it's for the music - but I'm cynical and think it would be a financial motivator if they ever do reunite. "Reunions" often result in very big paydays for a lot of people.