View Single Post

Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Something for the Posts

Default How Can You Be Your Own Chief Investigator AND Your Own Prime Suspect?

Last week, Christie traveled to Texas and Florida to host Republican party fundraising events. Unfortunately, lots of Texas and Floridia Republican VIPs found that they were unable to attend. But now he's back home, rejuvenated, and ready to take on an internal investigation of Bridge(t)-Gate!

Quote:
Lawyers for Christie administration seeking documents, interview with Hoboken mayor

A team of attorneys retained by Governor Christie’s office in the aftermath of the George Washington Bridge scandal is seeking documents and a private interview with the Hoboken mayor...

Dawn Zimmer...alleged that members of Christie’s administration had threatened to withhold Superstorm Sandy aid if she did not fast-track a particular real estate development project...

In letters obtained by The Record, lawyer Randy Mastro asked that Zimmer and four other Hoboken officials provide his legal team with documents already handed over to federal investigators..

“We question whether it is appropriate for the Governor’s Office, in essence, to be investigating itself, particularly when an investigation of the same subject matter is being conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office,” Zimmer’s attorney wrote in a reply letter...
Christie used to be a prosecutor, but I guess he's a little out of practice. Even if the Zimmer camp still had the documents in question, Governor Soprano is not legally entitled to see them until AFTER he's indicted.

Zimmer says it was Christie's lieutenant governor Kim Guadagno who delivered the message. Maybe she's the person he should start his internal investigation with:
Quote:
Christie: "Did you tell Zimmer that I told you that she wouldn't get federal Sandy relief money unless she fast-tracked a project that my associates would have benefited from financially?"

Guadagno: "I don't know."

Christie: "Did I TELL YOU to tell Zimmer that she wouldn't get federal Sandy relief money unless she fast-tracked a project that my associates would have benefited from financially?"

Christie: "Did I tell you that if I told you to tell Zimmer that she wouldn't get federal Sandy relief money unless she fast-tracked a project that my associates would have benefited from financially, we must deny it to our dying days?"

Christie: "Well, that clears me, then -- internal investigation over!"

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-12-2014 at 03:06 AM..