Thread: Dear Americans,
View Single Post

Old 10-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yes, it all looks good on paper, but how is it going to work in reality? If you were in the Top 1%, would you put up with the government wanting to take nearly half your income? I don't think so... you'd pass it on to the consumer of whatever your business was. I know I'm pissed off at the amount of taxes I pay and I'm nowhere near the top 1%. Also is it fair to tax someone half their income just because they make more than everyone else? Maybe they make more because they had the initiative and creativity to earn more (like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates or, if she lived in the USA, JK Rowling.) Should they be, in effect, punished for being smarter than the rest of us? I honestly don't know what to think. I don't know that Robin Hood economics is the answer either because I think it will just wind up costing the consumer more in the long run. If I-phones cost $400 now, they'll be $800 in 2 years. A $10 pizza today will be $18 in 2 years. So, once more, the consumer gets screwed.