Thread: UFC
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2016, 08:21 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I agree - but I think there are a few factors why. While a Conor v whoever is a huge PPV, it's naturally easier to sell if there's no other credible star out there.

I'm not criticising Conor. I think he's brilliant. My initial post was more about him forcing the UFC into sticking to their guns - presumably Conor would too - then we're left at stalemate. Don't forget they dropped him from UFC200 for pushing it too far. (I actually agreed with Conor on that one)

Jon Jones made it look effortless. Who would have genuinely tested him? (When he's fit and focused)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, Jones made it look effortless, but I was speaking purely from a commercial standpoint. Conor and Ronda used to be on a league of their own (and Jones was not there). Now, unless 207 deliver at least 1.5 million buys, Conor will be in the league of his own. That's why he has a lot of leverage with the UFC now due to them being under greater than ever pressure to deliver record profits and make return on investment. Whereas Jones, commercially, was on the level of Anderson Silva, GSP, etc.