View Single Post

Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud

Martin Shrkeli, the smirking "Pharma Bro" vilified for jacking up the price of a lifesaving drug, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for defrauding investors in two failed hedge funds...

The judge ruled earlier this week that Shkreli would have to forfeit more than $7.3 million in a brokerage account and personal assets including his one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang Clan album that he boasted he bought for $2 million. The judge said the property would not be seized until Shkreli had a chance to appeal...

(His) attorney (said) that he sometimes wants to hug Shkreli and sometimes wants to punch him in the face, but...his outspokenness shouldn't be held against him...(and that) he deserved a sentence of 18 months or less because the investors got their money back and more from stock he gave them in a successful drug company...

Shkreli, his cocky persona nowhere to be found, cried (that)...he made many mistakes and apologized to investors..."I want the people who came here today to support me to understand one thing, the only person to blame for me being here today is me," he said. "I took down Martin Shkreli."
Sayonara, adios, auf wiedersehen, farewell
This song is "Marty's Folly" -- play it in your prison cell.
You overcharged your victims because your ethics smell
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
sixty months of living hell.
So barring a pardon from Donald Trump, I hereby give a tip of the hat to my Jovitalk partner in crime(busting) Old Joysey:

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-24-2024 at 10:22 PM..