Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 21, 2017 Oklahoma - Chesapeake Energy Center Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69870)

Bounce7800 02-20-2017 02:55 PM

Feb 21, 2017 Oklahoma - Chesapeake Energy Center Thread

Tuesday night's show comes from Oklahoma in what I always read as the Cheapskate arena!

The 2017 setlist:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Lost Highway
5. Whole Lot of Leavin
6. Rollercoaster
7. We Weren't Born to Follow
8. Sleep When I'm Dead
9. We Got It Goin' On
10. Who Says You Can't Go Home
11. It's My Life
12. We Don't Run
13. God Bless This Mess
14. Scars on This Guitar
15. Devil's in the Temple
16. Lay Your Hands On Me
17. Born to Be My Baby
18. Have A Nice Day
19. Bad Medicine
20. Keep The Faith

21. Because We Can
22. Wanted Dead Or Alive
23. Livin' On A Prayer

The support act is a band called Taddy Porter.

The band last played here on the Because We Can tour and the setlist was:

1. YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
2. RAISE YOUR HANDS
3. LOST HIGHWAY
4. BECAUSE WE CAN
5. THAT'S WHAT THE WATER MADE ME
6. IT'S MY LIFE
7. SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT
8. WHEN WE WERE BEAUTIFUL
9. WHAT ABOUT NOW
10. WE GOT IT GOING ON
11. KEEP THE FAITH
12. AMEN
13. BED OF ROSES
14. I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
15. WE WEREN'T BORN TO FOLLOW
16. RUNAWAY
17. I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
18. WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
19. BAD MEDICINE ~ Old Time Rock n Roll

Encore 1:
20. (YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
21. WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
22. BORN TO BE MY BABY

Encore 2:
23. HAVE A NICE DAY
24. LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

Encore 3:
25. ALWAYS
26. I LOVE THIS TOWN

I'll update the setlist the next morning, or you can just check the last show's setlist and swap 1 song of your liking!

Check in here if you're going, and hopefully a good time will be had by all in attendance.

symbeline 02-20-2017 04:53 PM

Ok. I'll start.

Because We Can for Britney's ...Baby One More Time

(You didn't specify if it had to be a BJ song)

It's my faith 02-20-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1219121)
Ok. I'll start.

Because We Can for Britney's ...Baby One More Time

(You didn't specify if it had to be a BJ song)

I'd love to watch them play Cotton Eye Joe but unfortunately Jon will run out of breath so it's not happening.

They could play One wild night as an encore opener. I guess it is recognizable by most of the fans, you can see it as one of the "play the hiiiiits already"!

Savvi 02-21-2017 02:29 AM

What was the number going round that is apparently the amount of songs the band have ready to play? 95? Well they've played 29 so far, so here's hoping for #30.

CLEYoungGun21 02-21-2017 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1219185)
What was the number going round that is apparently the amount of songs the band have ready to play? 95? Well they've played 29 so far, so here's hoping for #30.

I thought David and Tico were saying that they have 95 songs they can play... not that they've actually rehearsed... at any rate, it wouldn't kill them to try out new songs every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gadden 02-21-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEYoungGun21 (Post 1219186)
I thought David and Tico were saying that they have 95 songs they can play... not that they've actually rehearsed... at any rate, it wouldn't kill them to try out new songs every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they say 95 if they had not rehearsed that many songs? xD They are able to play more than that if willing, albeit not being ready and able xD

bounce442 02-21-2017 08:16 PM

I'm going. This is my first of my two (planned) shows this tour. Tonight and then, next stop Dallas.

Unless they play something surprising, I'm going to be selfish and probably won't check in until after the show. Tonight is my (4 and 6 yr) boys' first rock concert and I want to absorb it.

The last OKC show was pretty decent. We got Always - first time ever in Oklahoma. It was also, Sambora's 2nd to last show. On the Circle Tour, instead of OKC, they played Tulsa, which got one rarity, Open All Night. LH tour was pretty standard, but on the HAND tour (first time in Oklahoma since KTF, I believe) they played One Last Cigarette and Novocaine before dropping them the next show in Dallas.

Between OKC and Dallas, Dallas is always the better show, but there are usually some changes in the set. This time... I don't know. Tonight I just hope my kids enjoy it.

bjcrazycpa 02-21-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1219247)
I'm going. This is my first of my two (planned) shows this tour. Tonight and then, next stop Dallas.

Unless they play something surprising, I'm going to be selfish and probably won't check in until after the show. Tonight is my (4 and 6 yr) boys' first rock concert and I want to absorb it.

The last OKC show was pretty decent. We got Always - first time ever in Oklahoma. It was also, Sambora's 2nd to last show. On the Circle Tour, instead of OKC, they played Tulsa, which got one rarity, Open All Night. LH tour was pretty standard, but on the HAND tour (first time in Oklahoma since KTF, I believe) they played One Last Cigarette and Novocaine before dropping them the next show in Dallas.

Between OKC and Dallas, Dallas is always the better show, but there are usually some changes in the set. This time... I don't know. Tonight I just hope my kids enjoy it.

Very cool that you are taking your kids. :)

Bounce7800 02-21-2017 08:46 PM

Sounds like that should be fun, my boy will be 4 next year I didn't know if it would be too young or not to go. I saw someone with kids playing about with an inflatable football at the back of ga on the bwc tour so could maybe do that if he gets bored. He knows the words to thinfs anyway, trained him up well :D

Kathleen 02-21-2017 08:50 PM

I took all my kids starting about the age of 6 or 7. My daughters first concert at 7 was Page and Plant (Led Zeppelin) at MSG. She fell asleep LOL.