Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

So you've ripped it.............

New Bon Jovi Releases

View Poll Results: What Will You Do Next.................
Ripped it and will now buy the CD 59 83.10%
Ripped it but will now NOT buy CD 8 11.27%
Ripped it but will delete it and not buy it 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
See, it's posts like this I don't get. Like it, don't like it, whatever. But this post is nothing more than bitching for the sake of bitching.
What? I never buy records, what does that have to do with bitching?

Chillax dude.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
So you've listened to it the whole way through? And you've listened to What About Now the whole way through? And you think the One Direction album is better?
Me and about 10 million 13 year old girls!

Yes, just listened to the album last night.

No, haven't listened to all of One Direction so I just assumed.

But I have listened to the new Justin Bieber album as well as Taylor Swift. And I honestly think they are both better albums, yes.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Me and about 10 million 13 year old girls!

Yes, just listened to the album last night.

No, haven't listened to all of One Direction so I just assumed.

But I have listened to the new Justin Bieber album as well as Taylor Swift. And I honestly think they are both better albums, yes.
Well I don't think you belong on a Bon Jovi forum to be honest. You clearly have musical tastes that are very different to the type of person who likes Bon Jovi or you hold the band in such low esteem that you really shouldn't waste your time here.

The original point was that most Bon Jovi fans wouldn't buy an album of Bon Jovi covering One Direction. Given that most Bon Jovi fans would disagree with your opinion of 1D completely, I still stand by that.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Well I don't think you belong on a Bon Jovi forum to be honest. You clearly have musical tastes that are very different to the type of person who likes Bon Jovi or you hold the band in such low esteem that you really shouldn't waste your time here.

The original point was that most Bon Jovi fans wouldn't buy an album of Bon Jovi covering One Direction. Given that most Bon Jovi fans would disagree with your opinion of 1D completely, I still stand by that.
I would argue that your (as well as several others on this forum) musical taste is extremely limited and shallow.

Yes, I love Taylor Swift. But I also listen to music from Iron Maiden to Of Monsters and Men to Norah Jones to Aerosmith and Bad Company to Savage Garden, Coldplay or Oasis. Or Will Smith (Yeah I dig that) and Transit or even some Jay Z and Kanye West. I also like a lot of underground dubstep.

I am not *limited* and therefore I can find good music everywhere. This is NOT good music and I am not any less of a Bon Jovi fan because I think this album is a pile of poop. I liked Lost Highway. I liked Crush. I liked the boxset. I don't belong on a Bon Jovi forum? Pfffft. I love the band and would put them in my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Why then would I not belong on a Bon Jovi forum if I don't like every thing they piss out?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I would argue that your (as well as several others on this forum) musical taste is extremely limited and shallow.

Yes, I love Taylor Swift. But I also listen to music from Iron Maiden to Of Monsters and Men to Norah Jones to Aerosmith and Bad Company to Savage Garden, Coldplay or Oasis. Or Will Smith (Yeah I dig that) and Transit or even some Jay Z and Kanye West. I also like a lot of underground dubstep.

I am not *limited* and therefore I can find good music everywhere. This is NOT good music and I am not any less of a Bon Jovi fan because I think this album is a pile of poop. I liked Lost Highway. I liked Crush. I liked the boxset.
You're probably right about my musical taste albeit I like a lot of what you listed there. Thing is, if I'm spend time on music, I make sure it gives me some pleasure.

If you genuinely believe that the 1D album is better than What About Now, it's hard to see how you genuinely like stuff like Crush and Lost Highway.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I didn't buy the whole album. I bought the good tracks so I could have them in good condition.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery

Didnt even download it, will wait for the CD! Cant wait!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:58 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:

Ahh, so YOU'RE the one who gets to decide who's a fan and who's not!

Except you don't. I'm a fan of Bon Jovi. Why? Because I say so. I hate everything they've done in the last few years, but I'm still a fan. I also like Taylor Swift. As well as AC/DC and KISS. And Sting. And Tom Waits. And a hell of a lot more music you've never even heard of.

You have NO right telling anyone if they are fans or not. No right telling anyone they're not allowwed to post here.

And best of all, you claim they're not fans because of their taste in music? What are you, 12 years old?

There is no democracy of Bon Jovi fans. We're all as different as anyone else. Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that. Don't ever try to tell anyone if they're fans or not and what music they're allowed to listen or not to listen. That's juvenile and close-minded.

This is an open message board for a reason. If you want to find blind followers like yourself and RDKopper, go to the BSWJBJ boards. They'll love you there. But here, respect the opinion and "fan"-ness of others. If you won't do that, I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to be here.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Ahh, so YOU'RE the one who gets to decide who's a fan and who's not!

Except you don't. I'm a fan of Bon Jovi. Why? Because I say so. I hate everything they've done in the last few years, but I'm still a fan. I also like Taylor Swift. As well as AC/DC and KISS. And Sting. And Tom Waits. And a hell of a lot more music you've never even heard of.

You have NO right telling anyone if they are fans or not. No right telling anyone they're not allowwed to post here.

And best of all, you claim they're not fans because of their taste in music? What are you, 12 years old?

There is no democracy of Bon Jovi fans. We're all as different as anyone else. Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that. Don't ever try to tell anyone if they're fans or not and what music they're allowed to listen or not to listen. That's juvenile and close-minded.

This is an open message board for a reason. If you want to find blind followers like yourself and RDKopper, go to the BSWJBJ boards. They'll love you there. But here, respect the opinion and "fan"-ness of others. If you won't do that, I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to be here.

Ice
I completely agree with you. If I could get "Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that. Don't ever try to tell anyone if they're fans or not and what music they're allowed to listen or not to listen." engraved as my signature forever I would, you worded it perfectly. Though it's coming from both sides. Panda calling anyone who likes the new stuff shallow and not open to new music is exactly the same as someone saying you're not a fan if you don't like it. Both sides are doing it and it's stupid.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Just posting

I would've responded but I would have just been saying the same things Captain and iceman just said.

Tags
what about now