Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

will you quit your whining once and for all ??

Tour Discussion

Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default will you quit your whining once and for all ??

why do you people keep complaining about the setlists ? is it THAT HARD to understand that the setlists only look boring from OUR behind-the-computer-screen-every-night point of view ? Take the latest tokyo gig for a start. if you were there would you find it boring ?? and what about people complaining about the circle stage setup ? why is that emotionless and boring ? because you've seen it on youtube and pictures far too many times ?! get yourselves together for F U C K 's sake

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011

Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
why do you people keep complaining about the setlists ? is it THAT HARD to understand that the setlists only look boring from OUR behind-the-computer-screen-every-night point of view ? Take the latest tokyo gig for a start. if you were there would you find it boring ?? and what about people complaining about the circle stage setup ? why is that emotionless and boring ? because you've seen it on youtube and pictures far too many times ?! get yourselves together for F U C K 's sake
I would have been bored if I was at this show actually.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Jovi FANatic

Wont stop complaining until the set lists improve, love the band i really do. But when you go to a show, and you predict the set lists to your mates and the order of songs that shows how bad and stale the set is. It gets to the point as well that all the ad-libs are the same every night and again I will say in me head what it is before its even been said. Change the running order and put in a couple of different songs each night, most folk would be happy.

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Just posting

Quote:
and how do you know it is NOT ?
the setlist being under a pattern is factually programmed and then much more easily assumed as through the motion

what about stopping whining about the complaints ?
if you need to see life under teinted glasses that your problem

a show can be great with a boring setlist that's true but japan is a place where the audience is very disciplined if the setlist is not having any little bit of fun then it is not going to sparkle much because the guys on stage are not having fun anymore with that one year old show

Last edited by Jovimimi; 12-01-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Keep the Faith

basically as a massive fan i want to hear a changed set list. I am going to 2 shows next year but with different agendas. In Munich, i want to hear rarities, change of set etc as it is just myself and the gfr going.............in dublin the parents are coming to their first BJ show and really only know Crossroads so a show like Tokoyo would be perfect for them! There has to be a fine balance for these shows, for the hard core fan and the casual fan. Either way, I cant wait!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
basically as a massive fan i want to hear a changed set list. I am going to 2 shows next year but with different agendas. In Munich, i want to hear rarities, change of set etc as it is just myself and the gfr going.............in dublin the parents are coming to their first BJ show and really only know Crossroads so a show like Tokoyo would be perfect for them! There has to be a fine balance for these shows, for the hard core fan and the casual fan. Either way, I cant wait!!!
very true BUT one rather rare song per night is not ruining the show for the casual fans and it would be pleasing the die hard fans
Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to Emil

Actually, the most annoying thing here are the people that whine about the whining. It's a ****ing message board. People will always have opinions. If you can't deal with that – go somewhere else.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

the percentage of people at the shows that come to this forum and can actually predict the setlist is minimal and the band couldn't care less. it's the majority that counts and I can't blame them. if people don't get this than it's just sad.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Just posting

Quote:
the percentage of people at the shows that come to this forum and can actually predict the setlist is minimal and the band couldn't care less. it's the majority that counts and I can't blame them. if people don't get this than it's just sad.
what's your point ? we should not talk because ....?? the day ppl won't talk about bon jovi bad because it's pointless then the band will be dead .. praise and cheerish the whiners they make the band alive
Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
But the thing is all it would take is two changes to that setlist with rarities to make the diehards happy as well. They don't need to rewamp the entire setlist, just a couple of change ups while leaving the rest unchanged and you have everyone happy majority and minority. For example take the 02 shows where they played 'it's hard letting you go' or 'Let it rock.

I don't think the majority is going to be upset it they play 1 or 2 rarities. Most likely the issue is that the band does not practice or sound check anymore (as Richie has openly admitted), since they don't do that they have no place to dust of any rarities. They just show up and do the songs which they can play with their eyes closed.