Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Feb 21, 2017 Oklahoma - Chesapeake Energy Center Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 11:51 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Overall, I don't really mind what I'm seeing or hearing...

People who are saying that he's glued to the mic is such complete bullshit... No, he's not running around like he's 35 and no, it's not every song but to say he's glued is complete and utter bullshit...

Second, his vocals are both hot and cold... Not total trash like everyone is saying... I'm hear some really decent ones too...

At the end of this tour, we will put together a nice montage of highlighted moments just the way everyone is doing now with The Circle Tour...

Here is a cool Fan Made Video Of Saturday Night from Atlanta... Thanks Damned!!!

Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Atlanta 2017) - YouTube
That is One of the first dates...The last are a lot worse

Old 02-24-2017, 01:28 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriele View Post
That is One of the first dates...The last are a lot worse
Not really. I have all the Soundboards to date and they are pretty consistent...
Old 02-24-2017, 01:37 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Not really. I have all the Soundboards to date and they are pretty consistent...
Jon had a definite decline around the St. Louis / Oklahoma shows, probably due to too many shows with not enough rest inbetween.
I recently listened to Rollercoaster from one of these and was shocked how bad he sounded on the chorus compared to the promo concerts in London and New York.
The reason those Soundboard sound halfway consistent is because they're all getting some treatment afterwards (pitch-correction).
Old 02-24-2017, 01:50 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The reason those Soundboard sound halfway consistent is because they're all getting some treatment afterwards (pitch-correction).
Fair Enough!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Dry County

Probably true (about the pitch correction), but do we actually have proof on this for the recordings of this tour? In the one Prayer soundboard they even omitted the backing tracks and Jon's vocal didn't sound pitch corrected, in that part at least...
Old 02-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Probably true (about the pitch correction), but do we actually have proof on this for the recordings of this tour? In the one Prayer soundboard they even omitted the backing tracks and Jon's vocal didn't sound pitch corrected, in that part at least...
This, from the Atlanta Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manarosi View Post
don't know if anybody already posted this, but hey it wasn't that bad! Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (Atlanta 2017) - YouTube
They corrected the pitch. Right at the beginning in the "I'm taking each day..." you can hear it.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KaMi_ View Post
They corrected the pitch. Right at the beginning in the "I'm taking each day..." you can hear it.
Right. Such a shame on the one hand, on the other hand if I had been to that show, I'd probably want the most enjoyable recording of it, even if that means some doctored vocals...
Old 02-25-2017, 12:43 AM
Suddenly

Finally got to download my copy in FLAC. You can definitely hear how different they are. It's still sad to me and while I think it's so cool to have my show finally with a soundboard copy is great. But man, what a change from 4 years ago.

Ryan
Old 03-30-2017, 05:37 AM
Runaway

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Thanks, it's one of my favorites

The show that video was from was quite an anomaly. It was at Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center in NYC and it was a dialogue between David Bergman and Jon (and some musical friends). It was sponsored by American Express and tickets were $50.00. I was there that night and I can tell you that wasn't the only time that Jon talked about Richie. It would be wrong to say the whole show was an ode to Richie - but it was damn close. Jon dedicated the final song to Richie - wherever he was that night. I think plenty more videos are on youtube, you should watch them if you have time (or interest). It was a hell of a show with a lot of insight.

At the end was a Q & A which was also awesome. I authored a complete DVD from that show many years ago, with the help of many people who shared their video. It was shared on Seb's old forum. I don't know if it's out there somewhere.
Very late replying to this - But thanks for mentioning the Lincoln Centre evening... I had no idea the videos existed and I've watched the few that I could find. So interesting. And I know what you mean about it almost being an ode to Richie.... Is the full evening on You Tube anywhere?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

^ sadly not.