26th March 2017 - United Center, Chicago Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 03-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
The These Days tour did not come to the US/New Jersey?
Nope - some of the These Days songs were played in 1995 as part of the Crossroads Tour at the middle to end of 1995. But the These Days tour went all over the East and then to Europe. The way that I heard it was that the ticket sales were so bad in the USA that they cancelled the tour. Helsinki was the last show and Jon gave along speech about taking time off - it was pretty sad. Here is the entire show:

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I saw them touring to support These Days in Atlanta on September 15, 1995.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 AM
Jovi FANatic

I saw them in Milwaukee on August 11, 1995, which I thought was the These Days tour. Maybe Kathleen is saying this was technically considered the Cross Road tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2017, 12:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I just remember they played a lot of These Days songs at that show. Hey God, SFTP, Lie to Me, Damned, This Ain't a Love Song, These Days, and, if I'm not confusing shows, Diamond Ring. So it sure felt like the These Days tour! It was awesome!!!

Last edited by Becky; 03-28-2017 at 12:46 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
I saw them in Milwaukee on August 11, 1995, which I thought was the These Days tour. Maybe Kathleen is saying this was technically considered the Cross Road tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I envy you since maybe saw the best Always performance this band ever did!

Both Kathleen and Becky are somewhat correct with their argument: They started touring the USA in late July and the New York/New Jersey era got the first 4 or 5 shows (Jones Beach and Camden). This was still the point where the tour (setlist wise) transformed from the Crossroad to the These Days tour and at that point it was a far stretch to get more than maybe 2 TD songs at a show.
As the tour progressed and especially in September/October they had started to change the main structure of the setlist by dropping older SWW album cuts like Wild In The Streets and I'd Die For You and cementing around 5 new tracks into the the standard set (Hey God, Something For The Pain, These Days, Lie To Me and and Damned were rather regular with This Ain't A Love Song being a semi-regular). So the experience of the "These Days" tour was different at that point.

What Kathleen hinted at were probably the European shows in 1996 which had a completely different setlist structure and at least 6-8 album cuts per show with songs like Something To Believe In, Hard Letting You Go and My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms being added to the above mentioned tracks. These 3 were, if I'm not mistaken, never done anywhere in the USA to this day.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:15 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post

Both Kathleen and Becky are somewhat correct with their argument: They started touring the USA in late July and the New York/New Jersey era got the first 4 or 5 shows (Jones Beach and Camden). This was still the point where the tour (setlist wise) transformed from the Crossroad to the These Days tour and at that point it was a far stretch to get more than maybe 2 TD songs at a show.
As the tour progressed and especially in September/October they had started to change the main structure of the setlist by dropping older SWW album cuts like Wild In The Streets and I'd Die For You and cementing around 5 new tracks into the the standard set (Hey God, Something For The Pain, These Days, Lie To Me and and Damned were rather regular with This Ain't A Love Song being a semi-regular). So the experience of the "These Days" tour was different at that point.

What Kathleen hinted at were probably the European shows in 1996 which had a completely different setlist structure and at least 6-8 album cuts per show with songs like Something To Believe In, Hard Letting You Go and My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms being added to the above mentioned tracks. These 3 were, if I'm not mistaken, never done anywhere in the USA to this day.
Exactly - the Jones beach and Camden shows were the only shows near me - nothing in New Jersey or Manhattan. There were 2 These Days tracks played in Jones Beach night 1. The night I went - night 2 - there were NO These Days songs played. Also it was the last time I heard Dry County until 2006. Camden had the same 2 played at Jones Beach - Hey God and This Aint a Love Song. As far as I remember this was the 1995 Crossroads Tour. The These Days Tour was 1996 and never came here.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post

Milwaukee 1995 was an amazing show. Do you have the final complete set list? My (incomplete) bootleg includes Hey God, Damned, and This Ain't A Love Song. Setlist.fm lists Lie To Me in the encore, and I swear I heard that played. Setlist.fm also shows These Days but not This Ain't A Love Song.

I think the Montreal shows August 2-3 also both included 4 songs from These Days. The summer of 1995 was the band at its absolute peak in my opinion. My favorite time period.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:10 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
Milwaukee 1995 was an amazing show. Do you have the final complete set list? My (incomplete) bootleg includes Hey God, Damned, and This Ain't A Love Song. Setlist.fm lists Lie To Me in the encore, and I swear I heard that played. Setlist.fm also shows These Days but not This Ain't A Love Song.
This is the setlist of the Milwaukee bootleg I have - recorded by Paragon who used to post here.

Bon Jovi
August 11, 1995
Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, USA

01 Rocking In The Free World
02 Hey God
03 Livin' On A Prayer
04 You Give Love A Bad Name
05 Keep The Faith
06 Blood On Blood
07 This Ain't A Lovesong
08 I'd Die For You (cut)
09 Damned
10 Blaze Of Glory
11 Runaway
12 Lay Your Hands On Me
13 I'll Sleep When I'm Dead ~ Papa Was A Rolling Stone ~ Jumpin' Jack Flash
14 Bad Medicine ~ Shout
15 Acoustic Guitar Solo
16 Wanted Dead Or Alive
17 Always
18 With A Little Help From My Friends

I was not aware that it was incomplete but it might be. However I don't find setlist FM to be always acurate.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:45 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
This is the setlist of the Milwaukee bootleg I have - recorded by Paragon who used to post here.

Bon Jovi
August 11, 1995
Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, USA

01 Rocking In The Free World
02 Hey God
03 Livin' On A Prayer
04 You Give Love A Bad Name
05 Keep The Faith
06 Blood On Blood
07 This Ain't A Lovesong
08 I'd Die For You (cut)
09 Damned
10 Blaze Of Glory
11 Runaway
12 Lay Your Hands On Me
13 I'll Sleep When I'm Dead ~ Papa Was A Rolling Stone ~ Jumpin' Jack Flash
14 Bad Medicine ~ Shout
15 Acoustic Guitar Solo
16 Wanted Dead Or Alive
17 Always
18 With A Little Help From My Friends

I was not aware that it was incomplete but it might be. However I don't find setlist FM to be always acurate.
Thanks! I hear you about setlist.fm. But I KNOW I heard Lie To Me at a show (or 99% sure) and really thinking it couldn't have been any other one (I didn't travel around to see them back then). Oh well, still pretty cool that a few of us actually got to enjoy these shows in person. I love the Camden recording too.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:25 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I just remember they played a lot of These Days songs at that show. Hey God, SFTP, Lie to Me, Damned, This Ain't a Love Song, These Days, and, if I'm not confusing shows, Diamond Ring. So it sure felt like the These Days tour! It was awesome!!!
Yep, that's one hell of a set!

http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/09_T.../19950916.html