Old 02-23-2017, 02:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default They're not going anywhere until they nail the coffin shut

.... according to David and Tico. 😸

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/2...ver-giving-up/

Old 02-23-2017, 02:15 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Boooooring.

Say something interesting instead of spouting drivel the ceo told you to say.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:40 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
Boooooring.

Say something interesting instead of spouting drivel the ceo told you to say.
It would be nice to hear a candid interview from Tico or David. They seem so reigned in.

The When We Were Beautiful documentary failed miserably becuase it was so structured to make Jon look like this serious intelligent businessman. It was like a North Korean propaganda film.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Really? David got some good shots in about his role in the band. I didn't see the whole thing as pro-Jon at all. David was brutally honest, I think they all were. Yeah Jon had some cringe worthy lines.

EDIT: There was a german article from a few years ago with David and Tico that seemed too blunt to be real. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about?
Old 02-23-2017, 04:34 PM
These Days

Is this the one?

http://www.krone.at/Musik/Vielleicht..._-Story-358825

Quote:
24.04.2013, 14:23

Bryan & Torres:
"Maybe there will be no more stadium bands"

Before Bon Jovi left the Wiener Krieau on 17 May, the "Krone" asked David Bryan and Tico Torres to talk. In the interview, the two talked about the absence of Richie Sambora, why there might be no more stadium bands and what the band has in common with the propagation of their fans.
"Krone": If the weather goes on like this, it could not rain at your Vienna concert, it could even be snow.
David Bryan: We've even played in the snow with you. In Ischgl. It was saucy. I could hardly move my fingers when playing keyboards.
"Krone": You are celebrating your 20th anniversary in Austria this year.
Tico Torres: Austria has always been a great country for us, great people, great food. It is good for me! It seems like people have fun when we come.
Bryan: And Austria has such a hugely important history in music. Whenever I come to Vienna, I go to Mozart's house and try to get something to go with (laughs). Joking aside, no I always buy souvenirs in the souvenir shop.
"Krone": Can you still go normally through Vienna or are you constantly harassed?
Bryan: People are always nice. Since I am also gladly stand for autograms and reminder photos.
Torres: The further away we are from the hotel, the easier it becomes.
"Krone": The stage of your hall tour is almost mickrig.
Bryan: Comparatively. In the stadium, of course, we have a big, fat show.
"Krone": What can the fans expect from the big open-air show in Vienna?
Torres: A great, exciting production, because we want to surpass ourselves every time. It will be a surprise. Also for us, because we have not seen the new stage yet.
Bryan: It is also exciting to go on tour with a new album, because we are not a nostalgia band, but full of the trend. The new songs are fun. It is always exciting to see how the live come.
"Krone": You've even played the new songs live before the CD release.
Torres: It was strange, because there were six songs in the program that nobody knew.
Bryan: But they were already singing at the second show because everyone knew about YouTube.
"Krone": Is the new CD just a good excuse for a new tour?
Bryan: That goes hand in hand. A tour is the best promotion for a CD and a CD the best promotion for a tour. So we always did it. And now we have a number one hit again. This is amazing after 30 years.
Torres: It's great for the fans too, because the show continues to grow and the fans are growing. We really have three generations of fans.
Bryan: And they make more babies ...
"Krone": Maybe even to Bon Jovi songs.
Bryan: Exactly!
Torres: So there are always new fans coming.
"Krone": And the more babies, the more you can sell from your product line "Rockstar Baby".
Bryan: This is our master plan, first the baby clothes, then my musicals. We deliver the "all-round happy package" (laughs).
Torres: I will now expand my product line for up to twelve-year-olds.
"Crown": Do you still paint?
Torres: Unfortunately not so much. The last Bon-Jovi break I used mostly to spend time with my son, there was not much time for painting.
"Krone": Family life is your luxury.
Torres: It is important, because success does not make sense, if one can not live also beside it.
Bryan: In the beginning, when we started, there was only us. But this "us" grows to the private life, and it means now balance. I always like to compare this with a boxer: the family is in your corner - because you go out and fight in the whole world. But the corner gives you strength.
"Krone": How to fight the camp of a tour?
Torres: A tour is work. A job. A routine. The best part is when the hall light goes out and we storm onto the stage. On this point you work all day. The rest of the time you just stalk. Or at least it happens to you so. And otherwise you can see that you are as fit as possible for the show.
"Krone": How difficult was it for you when Richie Sambora decided not to play any more?
Bryan: It's not easy. Not easy.
Torres: It'll be great when he comes back. People have to take care of some things and they have to be done. And even you can see that you make the best of it. Life must go on! We are a family, and it is important that everyone does what he has to do. We give this time and space to him.
"Crown": Are you in touch with him?
Torres: Of course! It is important for the health of a band. Of course it does not make things easier for us, but Phil X does his job well. It is important that the tour continues. The show is different, of course, but she's coming well. And the fans like it.
"Krone": How does the audience react?
Torres: They cheer and we have to think ahead.
"Krone": On Twitter and Facebook, there are no offended fans, but much support for Richie.
Torres: That's not the point. He just has to look after his cause and we'll wait for him to come back.
Bryan: The fans support him and us. I have also read all these comments and am happy about them. This shows me what great fans we have.
Torres: We can only wait and be happy when he comes back.
"Krone": Do you know if he's back in Vienna?
Torres: No idea. Really not.
Bryan: This can happen daily.
"Krone": After Zeltweg (1995) and Ebreichsdorf (200 you are now the first rock band in the Krieau.
Torres: That's great. I hope you can easily get there. Vienna is our real tour start, so we rehearse a day before - to see how everything works. The place is secondary to production or sound. It is important that the people get along well and well again. Because we come quickly everywhere.
Bryan: We have 45 trucks.
"Krone": Nobody has sold more concert tickets in Austria than Bon Jovi.
Torres: Hopefully we'll break all records again with this show.
Bryan: We love to play in Austria and tear our hearts for you. Life around you is changing, but the live feeling will always be the same for us.
"Krone": You are celebrating this year not only 20 years live in Austria, but also 30 years Bon Jovi.
Bryan: And the same with a number one album.
Torres: That's something very unusual. We're grateful to the fact that we've achieved that, as not many bands are doing it.
Bryan: It's a big effort to keep releasing new, good songs and not just resting on the past.
Torres: Lots of other bands do that.
Bryan: We could stop recording at a time and just go on a tour, but that would not be a challenge anymore.
"Krone" Would you have thought 1983 that you still fill stadia in 2013?
Bryan: Even the year 2000 was quite far away. We thought that in the Orwell year 1984 everything is over. But we are still on the road.
"Krone": If you would have to restart as a newcomer today ...
Torres: ... that would be more difficult .
Bryan: But a hit remains a hit! If the song fits, it does not matter what is happening around the world. This "wow feeling" lets the earth stand for a short time. Then you buy the disk or the CD or the download. Or you can watch the band on YouTube or on the iPhone. And if it's a bad song, it does not sound to anyone.
"Krone": Do you have the absolute hit feeling?
Bryan: We hope so. If you look at our success story, we have already found the formula quite well, but there is no guarantee. We bake the cake and hope it tastes good. Hope that people say "Wow". But we firmly believe that it is the best we can deliver.
"Crown": Except Bon Jovi, there is only a handful of stadium bands. Especially no boys.
Torres: We've been working for 30 years. But maybe there will never be more stadium bands, because the business has changed. People only buy more songs.
Bryan: We do not know what's coming. There was no grunge - until grunge came. Now also hardly buy someone CDs, but only more music subscriptions.
Torres: No matter what the new model of music marketing is, at the end of the day you go on stage - and then you can either inspire or not.
Bryan: And this is also the secret of success of all the casting shows: Grab the micro and sing. Either you can do it or not. And all these shows make us feel better! Also as karaoke became the trend, many suddenly realized that singing is really hard. And that helps us again.
"Krone": At the 88.6 music selection, "Livin 'On A Prayer" made it to number one.
Bryan: This shows us that this is a timeless hit that moves people. The combination of song and feeling. We like to play the song live for our lives.
"Crown": You've also beaten Queen, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and Co.,
Bryan: Who? (Laughs)
"Crown": Yes, The Who, too.
Bryan: That's great!
"Krone": Are you planning a continuation of your successful musical "Memphis"?
Bryan: "Memphis" will run from September on the London West End. Then I am working on a new musical called "Chasing The Song". This is about the songwriters of the 60s, even before the Beatles, based on Brill Building. Close, but fictional. Otherwise it would be a plagiarism. I wrote 25 songs for this, now we are in the production stage, and the Broadway premiere is set to go up in autumn 2014. "Memphis" is currently on US tour.