Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

March 22nd 2017 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 03-24-2017, 01:12 AM
Blaze of Posting

Rather than murdering 'Always', why not try 'Bed Of Roses'? Play 'Runaway' perhaps, which is a hit which everyone knows? Try 'I'd Die For You'...it's from SWW and everyone will know it.

Slow things down...play 'Amen'? Or give 'Diamond Ring' a go. How about 'Something For The Pain'? An acoustic 'All About Loving You' would be nice (I realise many hate this though).

Let Phil X rip on a gem like 'Next 100 Years', which would be a really cool treat. How about playing 'I'll Be There For You', or letting David sing 'In These Arms'...

Old 03-24-2017, 01:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Why - oh, why - did they open the encore with f***ing REUNION?????

s.
Maybe because they were in Indiana, home state of Notre Dame, where his son is a graduating senior this year.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
My main gripe is why the band cares so much about what the audience wants to hear. The band should play what THEY want to play, tough shit if the audience doesn't respond well to a particular song. I mean, obviously you gotta play the huge hits at every show, but all the filler songs/album cuts should be rotated.

"American audiences don't respond well to songs off These Days"

Stupidest argument ever from Jon. Again, who cares what the audience and casuals think, throw the diehards some bones every night, you know, the ones who got you this far..
I've never understood someone who goes to a concert and needs to know all the songs perfectly to enjoy a show. One of my favorite things of live shows (of bands I don't know as well as Jovi) is hearing an awesome song that is new to me and searching afterwards to find it.
...also Reunion to me sounds a ton like I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, at least the main hook of the chorus, always skip it and New Years Day
Old 03-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackster73 View Post
That encore sucks

I remember when the encores were amazing... These are the encores from a few shows I've seen.

Encore:
(It's Hard) Letting You Go
Something to Believe In
Hey God

Encore 2:
Drift Away (Dobie Gray cover) (Tico Torres on back vocals)
Always
My Guitar Lies Bleeding in My Arms
These Days

Encore 3:
Wild in the Streets
Livin' on a Prayer

-----------------------------------------------

Encore:
Two Story Town
Blood on Blood
Wanted Dead or Alive

Encore 2:
These Days
Keep the Faith (with Sympathy for the Devil)

Encore 3:
Next 100 Years
Thank You for Loving Me

-----------------------------------------------------

Encore:
I Got the Girl
Blood on Blood
Lola (The Kinks cover) (with Ray Davies)
Bad Medicine
Shout (The Isley Brothers cover)

Encore 2:
These Days
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
Twist and Shout (The Top Notes cover)

Encore 3:
Never Say Goodbye (Acoustic)

----------------------------------------------

Encore:
Dry County
Wanted Dead or Alive
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Livin' on a Prayer

Encore 2:
Always
These Days
Blood on Blood

Encore 3:
I Love This Town

---------------------------------------------------------

Encore:
Dry County
Wanted Dead or Alive
In These Arms
Happy Now
Have a Nice Day
Livin' on a Prayer

Encore 2:
Always
Blood on Blood

My point is the encore needs to be epic. Not always lots of songs but certainly better than what we are seeing at present.
No future living in the past...
Old 03-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Maybe because they were in Indiana, home state of Notre Dame, where his son is a graduating senior this year.
He gave a speech at the beginning about a campaign starting the next day where he will come to your graduation or something and that the song is part of the campaign. (sorry, if I'm wrong, only listened to it once and didn't pay full attention TBH ) But that's most likely why they played it.

Concering Mumford & Songs: that's been brought up multiple times, but honestly I don't see it. It has some resemblance, but not much. And Mumford & Sons sucks
Old 03-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Livin' on a Post

1) Concerning Dave, Tico or anyone else taking some lead vocal for a song or two, I doubt it exactly because nowadays Jon's voice is so weak and underemphatic, that any other voice heard back to back in the same show will wake the audience up to that issue.

2) Reunion: I dont care about sharing a line of melody with the M&S song, cause Reunion is so much better, it has groove and more melodies and Jon's voice (even 2016 studio-edited version) is so much nicer than this miaw mieaw of M&S. Also in (the studio version of) Reunion, the Shanks oversaturated production is not so present, mainly cause there are not a tone of electric guitar layers. So it is enjoyable from that point of view also.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
Rather than murdering 'Always', why not try 'Bed Of Roses'? Play 'Runaway' perhaps, which is a hit which everyone knows? Try 'I'd Die For You'...it's from SWW and everyone will know it.

Slow things down...play 'Amen'? Or give 'Diamond Ring' a go. How about 'Something For The Pain'? An acoustic 'All About Loving You' would be nice (I realise many hate this though).

Let Phil X rip on a gem like 'Next 100 Years', which would be a really cool treat. How about playing 'I'll Be There For You', or letting David sing 'In These Arms'...
All very good ideas and there is obviously no reason apart from Jon doesn't want to. He could do with the break after maybe LYHOM so in these arms could feature there. I have also been saying next 100 years. No reason why not.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Born to be my Baby

It's not so much the high notes but rather the fact that it is only played at 3/4 of its original tempo live that will require Jon to carry an oxygen tank when playing Bed of Roses.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Jovi FANatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
It's not so much the high notes but rather the fact that it is only played at 3/4 of its original tempo live that will require Jon to carry an oxygen tank when playing Bed of Roses.
Like that 😀

For me though there are so many songs he could sing that could be rotated in the set. I think David Bryan doing in these arms is a no brainer and gives Jon a break during the show. As stated before the next 100 years also has minimal vocal really but would be something fresh. Of all the ballads maybe I'll be there for you is the better choice. Songs like everyday, the distance, last man standing, story of my life, loves the only rule, superman tonight are all post 2000 songs that would work.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't really mean all that - I'm just frustrated because of the horrible set lists we've been getting on this tour. I understand it's the European leg (plus the MSG, Toronto, Chicago and Philly shows) where the guys will really deliver, but come on. They haven't even performed Runaway on the THINFS tour, let alone live staples like ITA, BOR and IBTFY. Also, the extremely static, post-2000 heavy main sets are starting to get on my nerves. In all honestly, I'd be more than happy if the band played ILTT at the next gig - at least that would be a change. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the Cleveland rendition of Captain Crash being the last ever live version they'll perform of it. WFTWM (with that cringeworthy marching choreography) can also be gladly shoved in a place where the sun doesn't shine.

And are BOB & SIBSN really too high for Jon nowadays for them being even semi-regulars on tour? What about swapping LYHOM out for a night or two and bringing in another (perhaps even easier) song like Wild Is The Wind, (It's Hard) Letting You Go or Diamond Ring? And, last but not least, Tico should get to sing Only In My Dreams every now and then...
This kid is funny xD