Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

26th March 2017 - United Center, Chicago Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 03-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
Awesome!! It seems like the show was over 2.5 hours long. And it was raining on the people in the lawn, but my friends, mom, brother, and I were under the roof while my dad sat in the vehicle. Colleen and I were 6th row, dead center. By the time we got out, my dad was lived because he thought we were just stupidly standing in the rain. I only ever saw him mad about 3 times in my life, but that was the angriest I ever saw him. He cussed us out, he cussed Jon out for continuing their show... told us all we were idiots. Eventually we were able to get across that we had been covered, but it took a while. It's one of my best dad memories because it was so funny looking back. I'm sure it helps that he was such a gentle soul and it was so out of character for him. If he had been like that often, it would have been awful. I miss my dad. He was awesome and put a lot of miles in taking me to see Bon Jovi.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Exactly - the Jones beach and Camden shows were the only shows near me - nothing in New Jersey or Manhattan. There were 2 These Days tracks played in Jones Beach night 1. The night I went - night 2 - there were NO These Days songs played. Also it was the last time I heard Dry County until 2006. Camden had the same 2 played at Jones Beach - Hey God and This Aint a Love Song. As far as I remember this was the 1995 Crossroads Tour. The These Days Tour was 1996 and never came here.
Hmm. I went to Bremen 1995 and then Hannover and Wolfsburg in 1996, and I always thought the 1995 show was advertised as the These Days tour and 1996 was more like "Bon Jovi live" or something. But maybe I'm confusing this with the KTF tour (which I sadly couldn't get tickets for, 'cause I was too late to the "game") which started as the KTF tour and then changed into something else the next year (the I'll Sleep When I'm Dead Tour or something?).

But though I cannot definitely say what the 1995 tour was labeled here, it was shortly before the album came out and we only got This Ain't A Love Song, which was on the radio at the time. The 1996 show is labeled as "These Days Open Air 96" on my ticket (which is slowly fading out as I just noticed ). Also I still have a big fibreglass sign from the Wolfsburg show that I stole from one of the grandstands, which also reads "Bon Jovi (these days)"
Old 03-29-2017, 12:15 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
It wasn't that long ago that these threads used to run to 15-20 pages with a play by play. Even the interest here is dwindling
What is there to discuss?

It's literally the same show over and over.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
What is there to discuss?

It's literally the same show over and over.
Also the good performances used to fuel the discussions.