Ten things to know about the video
FROM BONJOVI.DE MAILING:
Ten things to know about the video for "MISUNDERSTOOD"
1) It was directed by Mark Klasfeld - he's a big fan. Marc has also made videos for Sum 41, Alien Ant Farm, N Sync, Nelly and Vanessa Carlton
2) It was filmed at The Bowery Ballroom in New York City's Lower East Side neighborhood. The building that houses the Bowery Ballroom was built in 1929. Since that time it has been a jewelry store, haberdashery, shoe store and carpet store. It was renovated in 1997 and became a popular venue for concerts.
3) At the end of the shoot, the band had some fun. Band members swapped instruments and pretended to play each other's parts for a final take of the video (that footage ended up on the editing floor.)
4) The band invited members of their fan club to help populate the Bowery Ballroom - hundreds of Bon Jovi fans filed into the venue to and made up the on-camera audience for the performance shots.
5) David Bryan wore a David Bowie concert t-shirt in the video: he bought it at the David Bowie concert he attended in NYC the night before!
6) Between takes, the band interacted with the crowd. Richie Sambora took several fans cell phones and had conversations with whoever was on the other end of the line!
8) What was on the menu in the band's trailer: sushi!
9) The video incorporates live Bon Jovi performance and a storyline...all the footage for the narrative was filmed after Bon Jovi had finished their performance footage. The main actor is Tom Sandoval.
10) The band was on the set at noon and left the set almost 9 hours later... it was a long day's work but the result is well worth it. Jon even helicoptered into and out of New York City.
Related URL: http://bonjovi.de