One word... BRILLIANT!
The best of the best of the best
What can I say about this album that hasn’t been said before?! It is just perfect! I’m only 16 and this was the first BJ album I ever listened to and I’ve been hooked for YEARS! It cannot and will not be beaten!
1) Livin’ On A Prayer – One of them most addictive songs I’ve ever heard. Known world wide, it’s a true classic! 10/10
2) Keep The Faith – Not the best but a brilliant song still. We’ll keep the faith guys, don’t worry! 7/10
3) Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night – Used to love this one but gone off it a bit. Great lyrics though! 8/10
4) Always – The ultimate love song. This and In These Arms are tied as my best ever song ever. Full of emotion, fantastic lyrics, a brilliant ballad. Can listen to it all day! 20/10
5) Wanted Dead Or Alive – Not so sure about this one. Need to be in the right mood! Good, but not great. 8/10
6) Lay Your Hands On Me – A brilliant introduction, and a brilliant song! Energetic track, like it! 8/10
7) You Give Love A Bad Name – One of my all-time favourites. “Shot through the heart
And you're to blame…” – love this track! 10/10
8) Bed Of Roses – Personally not my favourite but a beautiful song with some of the best lyrics in the world. One I’d love to be able to sing!
“ I want to lay you down on a bed of roses
For tonight I sleep on a bed on nails
I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
And lay you down on bed of roses” – The best 4 lines from any song. 15/10
9) Blaze Of Glory – Sorry, but Born To Be My Baby or Blood On Blood needs to be here! Don’t like this one, but can still listen to it occasionally! 5/10
10) In These Arms – One of if not the best song in my collection. I can put this on repeat for hours and not turn it off. “You want commitment, take a look into these eyes.” – favourite lyrics again! No more needs to be said, except how does he hit that last “Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyy” note?!?!? 20.5/10
11) Bad Medicine – Brilliant song! Deserves to be on The Best Of album! 10/10
12) I’ll Be There For You – More emotion. Sad lyrics but brilliantly done to make another fantastic love song. 10/10
13) In & Out Of Love – Not too sure about this one again, often gets skipped! Occasionally give at an airing. Not the best, I think I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead should be here. 6/10
14) Runaway – One of the early ones written before I was born, but a fantastic track. Tragic but brilliant! The acoustic version is great as well. 10/10
15) Never Say Goodbye – A perfect ending to a perfect album. It’s just got that something that makes you want to listen to it again! 10/10
The ones that are missing? Dry County defiantly. That solo is amazing Jon! I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead, Stick To Your Guns, Born To Be My Baby, Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll, I Want You, it goes on!
I’m looking forward to seeing them live at Milton Keynes on 16th June 2001, it’s gonna be a One hell of a Wild Night!