Thread: Spam problem
View Single Post

Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
10,000 is what I remember too. I wish I could afford it, or that several of us could go together to buy it, but I don't think we could come up with THAT much money.

I'm sure Peter started the website because he loved the band, but he's just moved on with his life as have many other fans.
It was discussed here.
http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...2&postcount=38

I don't know where you got that 10.000. Maybe that's a number from 10 years ago which included drycounty.com web site. I was actually contacted by some Martin guy in 2010 and I set a price at 2750 EUR then, Jovitalk + jovitalk.com domain only, without drycounty.com web site. Now I'd probably give serious thought to 2000 EUR offer.

As for the spam, apparently Kev's e-mails did not reach me for some weird reason. But a message from a user regarding the snow did, so some actions have been taken regarding spam:
- 1000s of users, virtually 99% of new registrations since January have been banned (if some of real new users got banned as collateral damage, e-mail me at peter5@peterweb.com)
- security questions during registration process have been changed
- new anti-spam measures have been added (checks agains 3rd party spammer database)

Hopefully this will help. If not, there's still an option of manually approving every new registration.

Peter