View Single Post

Old 05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele View Post
There are some obvious mistakes in that list, like that Why Aren't You Dead? and The Fire Inside would have been recorded in 1994 - they were really both done for Keep The Faith in 1992. The "original demo" of Love Ain't Nothing But A Four Letter Word was done for These Days, and the alleged final version was done for Crush. It also seems strange to me that the band would have recorded I Get A Rush, Someday Just Might Be Tonight and River Runs Dry in 1996, and All I Wanna Do Is You in 1997; the band weren't making any album in 1996, so why would they have even written those songs then (and would Jon have really written crap like I Get A Rush in 1996, he was writing Destination Anywhere then and that was still a good album - plus his voice is nasal and terrible in that song?)? And as far as I know they weren't together at all in 1997, they were all doing solo stuff and after DA Jon was planning to do another solo record; they regrouped in late 1998 and after that started making Crush... so did they just get back together once in '97 to write and record as frivolous song as All I Wanna Do Is You, which was obviously never going to be on any album, and then they went their separate ways again? Strange. My guess is that all those four songs were recorded in 1999 in the Crush sessions.
Because some of the songs you mentioned were simply not band songs. Lately the line has been blurred between solo work and band work and Jon simply included his solo demos in the box set. I get a rush and river runs dry had no band involvment whatsoever, whereas All I wanna do is you did. AIWDIY is proooobably a crush demo and I heavily disagree about Love ain't nothing...to me the original demo sounds KTF'ish or like the early early demos for TD (Prostitute for example) and the second demo is very TD for me. There was a lot of horns on TD era songs, so it'd make sense to me if that's where it's from.