View Single Post

Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele View Post
So when were they recorded?? I said that I think that those songs weren't recorded in 1996 and by talking about Jon's intended third solo album you are taking the same position that I have. They may have been recorded in 1998 with the Big Dogs, but I sure as hell don't believe that they - especially I Get A Rush - were recorded in 1996.

(And what, are you saying that the band don't play on any of the 8 Crush B-sides?)
Oh okay. It's a case by case basis. I completely agree, I get a rush is NOt 1996. I really don't have the answers. I just wish it was all labelled better. I have my suspicions for certain songs but have no clue otherwise.

And I'm not saying the band didn't play on ALL of the b-sides. Just certain b-sides were lifted note for note, the exact same version played for the fans in 1998. You can't lose at love, Hush, and Stay.

Quote:

They dug up a five year old demo because they had a great song and they wanted to destroy it. Now seriously I don't think they ever really intended to put LANBAFLW on Crush, but that song had been left unfinished in the These Days sessions, they remembered it later and thought they'd work on it a little, do some experiment and see what comes up. And what happened was that they watered down a great melancholy These Days era song. I don't know about their motives but just by listening to them it's obvious the other is TD, the other Crush. Listen to them more carefully; the vocals, the keyboard sound in the chorus, the lyrics are TD style in the first song, the melancholy vs. happy mood etc. It is plain to see.
I still don't buy it but I dont think either one of us is going to change the others mind. I'll defintely give it a listen tonight with your words in mind, but the second version keeps screaming These Days to me. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
I have never heard of this, American XS videos or whatever, can you tell more about them or where can I see those videos?
AmericanXS was a service started around the time of the box set, a better way to get tickets to see the band, exclusive content etc. At least that was the original idea. 10 bucks a year. All we ended up getting was a couple of BJ tv's and a handful of "Exclusive tracks" Anyways there were a few vintage vidoes of the band in the studio circa TD.

As far as tracks I'm 80 percent sure don't include the band on and are just ones Jon did alone:

These arms are open all night
I get a rush
Last Chance train
Shut up and kiss me
Crazy Love
River Runs Dry
and MAYBE Temptation

I have various reasons why I think these don't include the band.