View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Out of curiosity, as I've read many people praising New Years Day live, what exactly is that you find so extraordinary about it live? This is not me bashing anyone for their opinion, I think it's awesome that a song can win people over and are genuinely interested in knowing what it was that grabbed you about hearing it live.
I mean, I get people being blown away by Thorn In My Side, LTOR, Any Other Day etc. live as they had some great arrangements and details added but for me New Years Day is pretty much the band standing on the stage playing a song that has been pretty disliked here. The speech before the song is very cool but the performance is nothing special in my book. Jon behind the mic stand smiling at certain times.

Once again, just a genuine question. I haven't seen this tour live so of course I'm a bad judge on how the new songs are coming across being there.

Jon's energy in concert performing NYD drew me in. He was all over the stage. But maybe it was just a one off? It's a rocking song in person. Hard to explain but I loved it more after see it live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk