View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 10:23 PM
These Days

I don't listen to it anymore, but not because I don't like it, but I don't spend that much time listening to albums (I listen to a lot of podcasts instead), but when I do, it's usually something recent, e.g. Ryan Adams, John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Father John Misty, Jamiroquai have all released albums that are more fresh for me, so I listen to them and in a couple of months or so, they will probably be replaced by albums that are yet to be released. I'm not a teenager anymore, so listening to nothing but Bon Jovi doesn't make sense to me anymore. Then there are Radiohead, The Weeknd and Foo Fighters, all of whom I'm gonna see live in June, so I need to "prepare myself" to know more of their catalog.

Last time I put it on, I enjoyed it though. Although some songs hold up better than others. For example, Reunion I found quite enjoyable, but not anymore. BAT also didn't age very well. Roller Coaster, on the other hand, I like a lot more now. New Year's Day sucked then and still sucks now. Overall, perhaps it's not as great as it was initially received, but still easily their best effort since Lost Highway.