View Single Post

Old 05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

I like it cause it's a dark moody hard rock album. Perhaps the 80's equivelant to These Days? Either way, it was IMO a perfect follow-up and compliment to the first album.

Ovbiously, production is naff, but like you say, so it alot of Crue's early albums, and it does kinda take away from the real merits it has, in that the sound quality may put alot of people off. But once you look past it, you can see what great songs can be heard here.

I loved In And Out Of Love and Tokyo Road as soon as I heard them, also the live version of I&OOL from One Wild Night. Would be great if they could at least pull this one out again live. Hardest Part Is The Night I wasn't amazingly fussed on untill a couple of years ago when I saw the live video from Breakout: Video Singles and now it's one of my favourite songs on the album.

I've never really played it often, I guess simple cause I don't think to dig it out. It's certainly one of those albums that needs a good few listens. Maybe watching the videos will help too. But this album should not be dismissed just because the band don't like it and that it's not exactly the most significant album on their career. Obviously, it's not for people who only ever play Slippery When Wet, or any other albums fueled with radio-friendly pop-rock hits. I guess it's only for die hard fans, but I'm glad it's there

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.