View Single Post

Old 05-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Aww, Fahrenheit...the first BJ album I got. I bought the cassette in Jan 1986, some days after having listened to it with my then best friend in a local record store. We were already familiar with the band through Runaway and The Hardest Part Is The Night, which were played occasionally on the radio, and initially it was my friend, who was more enthusiastic about these songs, but I really fell for the band that day in the record store... Only Lonely really spoke to me, a 14-year old teenager, who was unhappily in love, heheh. All in all, the desperate feel of the music was what sucked me in, and for me it continues to be the strength of the album to this day.

A funny thing with my friend was that when SWW came out half a year later, she pretty much dismissed it by saying it wasn't nearly as good as Fahrenheit! I kinda shook my head at that because, as much as I liked the previous record, Slippery really seemed to have tightened up the music a couple of notches! I still continued to listen to Fahrenheit, though, and I never stopped liking it. I can remember having a boot on cassette, where Jon gave the most heart-rending performance of Silent Night... Back in the day when he was very fond of this song - yes, there was a time like that once, lol.