View Single Post

Old 05-23-2008, 11:56 PM
These Days

"Fahrenheit" was my first BJ-CD that I bought in the summer 1994, when I saw it in the nice price section. Probably my first CD anyhow that I bought myself. I was 9 or 10 years old and had discovered the band shortly before via a tape that git 7 songs from "Slippery". After that I bought original MCs (yeah, they were still for sale back then, with album artwork and everything!) of KTF, Slippery and the debut album. Then the Fahrenheit-CD.

I loved it from the beginning, every single song except for "Secret Dreams". I loved to listen to it while the air was hot and sun was shining and I was discovering this new band that just had turned to be my favourite band... music was my first love, really. It was a great summer, and especially remembering how I loved to listen to "Fahrenheit" brings that feeling back. "King Of The Mountain" is the first to appear in my mind when thinking of me as a little boy sitting in front of the stereo, turning it up.

Later when I discovered the live versions from the Tokyo '85 bootleg (and later the japanese bonus CD) I reall yfell in love with "Only Lonely" and "Hardest Part". Man, the band was so ambitious that time around, they were playing tight, and you can reall yfeel the passion, the need to get further. You even hear it on the record, and I always understood how the band was thinking they made a real hit record. And the songs ain't bad, they're full of energy and ideas, the material is much stronger than on the first album (which I never reall yliked, too plain, too simple) imo. Looking back it's clear why they had to make "Slippery" to really get somewhere, of course. But "Fahrenheit" is really underrated, I just enjoy listening to it now as I did back then.