View Single Post

Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebcfc View Post
First thing I think we all have to remember is that Jon does not exactly have the best judgement when it comes to understanding what his best songs are. I mean, this is the same bloke that did not want Prayer on SWW and left EOFBH off of it. While at every concert he plays, he somehow seems to fit in Captain Crash and WSYCGH.

However, at the same time I think he decides a lot on what the US market likes, hence we hear WSYCGH every damn concert while Hey God/STBI/Dry County etc. never get played.

So in all I think the band really base what their fans want, on what the US market likes. So in turn they judge the These Days era as a bad one.
Yeah that's a good post and I think you're right about the US market and what Jon's priorities are. He does seem to lean heavily towards the American mainstream when it comes to writing/performing these days. It's a crying shame that most of the 90s era doesn't get played live. KTF closely followed by These Days are my two favourate Bon Jovi records. For me that was the time when Bon Jovi matured as a band and made their best music. Destination Anywhere, though a little different was also a fantastic album from Jon and that is also an album that doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.