View Single Post

Old 10-16-2016, 06:39 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I am not surprised by this as I'd feel the same way. What I wish he / they would do is stop and do some live re-working of these hits to give them a boost. When was the last time Prayer had any changes to the live arrangement? The Jersey Syndicate Tour? Blood On Blood has been kept somewhat fresh by swapping up the live arrangement over the years. Remember how excited we all were to hear the full electric version return at Shepherd's Bush in 2002? Born To Be My Baby had some re-working over the last decade to make the final bridge after the solo more dramatic. Touches like that can make all the difference. IML is badly in need of something like that. It's been performed dryly with no deviation from the studio arrangement since day one.
He tried to do that with ballads (IBTFY, Blaze, Always, BOR) on the HAND tour. And the reaction was so dreading to him that he still brought it up during the 2011 Q&A in Dublin.

If you're talking minor instrumental re-arrangements they still do it from time to time - KTF in 2013 was updated, so was Wanted (Bobby's parts). Lost Highway for a while had an instrumental interlude in 2010-2011. I guess they could do it to other songs as well, but my guess is Jon feels like those biggest hits (Prayer and IML) should not be messed with, which is kind of true, because we are not the audience they are playing those songs to.