View Single Post

Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
No one is saying that this is an easy out! We are just stating that this could be a contributing factor...

My concept is simple and probably most accurate... Age and Abuse...

I just think years and years of abuse finally caught up with him.... There is no doubt that he's been on a steady decline for years and I think that he's worked so hard to maintain what he had for the past 10 years (give or take), that now it just finally caught up with him and became more noticeable... He probably gave 110% to improve 20%... He's now beyond the point of return and had a great run...

Someone said it best... In 1989, Jon never thought he'd still be doing this, on this level, at the age of 55. Or when you are that young, you are invincible and the age 55 is light years away...
That someone was me! Spot on, you can't abuse your vocals for so long and expect to hit notes years in the future. Plus the smoking really didn't help, most professional singers know and understand not to smoke. Really doesn't have anyone but himself to blame.

It would be great to have his 2008-2011 voice back, but even now that seems impossible...oh well.