Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Aldo Nova's crazy griping

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Panda's Avatar
Panda Panda is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Age: 29
Gender: male
Posts: 5,337
Send a message via MSN to Panda
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
mmm where the fook have you been, Eric with a K
I visit about once a week and haven't posted for a few months because this is probably the most boring forum I'm a part of. I feel like it's the same idiots arguing about the same things. One reason I never joined a GNR board is because of all of the Slash vs. Axl idiots. Now this board is slowly turning into exactly that.

That's why I haven't been posting.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Tictoc Tictoc is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 16 Jun 2007
Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.
Gender: male
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I visit about once a week and haven't posted for a few months because this is probably the most boring forum I'm a part of. I feel like it's the same idiots arguing about the same things. One reason I never joined a GNR board is because of all of the Slash vs. Axl idiots. Now this board is slowly turning into exactly that.

That's why I haven't been posting.
I thought you left becuase no one found you funny and nickolai / Rdkopper got the best of you. If you leave just leave. Flouncing back and fourth while complaining makes you look like a bitter child.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2014, 12:11 AM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I visit about once a week and haven't posted for a few months because this is probably the most boring forum I'm a part of. I feel like it's the same idiots arguing about the same things. One reason I never joined a GNR board is because of all of the Slash vs. Axl idiots. Now this board is slowly turning into exactly that.

That's why I haven't been posting.
Well funny you say that I was thinking the other day that you haven't posted for a while. But when you have moronic children like TicCock ^^^ then who can blame you for staying away. Yes the board has run it's course. The band has split (unofficially) and it's just got boring.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Tictoc Tictoc is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 16 Jun 2007
Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.
Gender: male
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Well funny you say that I was thinking the other day that you haven't posted for a while. But when you have moronic children like TicCock ^^^ then who can blame you for staying away. Yes the board has run it's course. The band has split (unofficially) and it's just got boring.
Yeah this board has run it's course, much like your favourite fad comedy act and lip syncing experts Steel Panther.

"TicCock" Now if we had more clever witticisms like that on here then maybe all wouldn't be lost. Keep it up Nick. Every place needs it's simpletons
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 8,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Well funny you say that I was thinking the other day that you haven't posted for a while. But when you have moronic children like TicCock ^^^ then who can blame you for staying away. Yes the board has run it's course. The band has split (unofficially) and it's just got boring.
I thought Tics post was spot on. Good job man.

But yea, the Richie stuff really doesn't interest me as much. Its like when a great supporting actor becomes a lead. Like Joey from Friends was hysterical on Friends but once they gave him his own show, he lost it.

I finally came to the realization that the key to Jon and Richies successes were their abilities to deliver a song in the raw. They had such powerful voices they needed nothing to make them sound amazing. Now that that power is gone and they are relying on production, i feel it's never gonna be the same.

I've been waiting for that real wow moment since HAND and I don't think its ever coming
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Lucas_Roli's Avatar
Lucas_Roli Lucas_Roli is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 16 Mar 2013
Location: Transylvania, Brasov
Age: 25
Gender: male
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I thought Tics post was spot on. Good job man.

But yea, the Richie stuff really doesn't interest me as much. Its like when a great supporting actor becomes a lead. Like Joey from Friends was hysterical on Friends but once they gave him his own show, he lost it.

I finally came to the realization that the key to Jon and Richies successes were their abilities to deliver a song in the raw. They had such powerful voices they needed nothing to make them sound amazing. Now that that power is gone and they are relying on production, i feel it's never gonna be the same.

I've been waiting for that real wow moment since HAND and I don't think its ever coming
I never thought of it that way,but you are pretty right.I just imagined Jons voice from the early 90's singing BWC,sure the instruments would've been different and the sound would've been heavier .If it had been recorder like that,imo,it could have been a pretty decent song.The message is a positive one,awesome vocals,great instruments and probably a far better solo.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 AM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I thought Tics post was spot on. Good job man.

But yea, the Richie stuff really doesn't interest me as much. Its like when a great supporting actor becomes a lead. Like Joey from Friends was hysterical on Friends but once they gave him his own show, he lost it.

I finally came to the realization that the key to Jon and Richies successes were their abilities to deliver a song in the raw. They had such powerful voices they needed nothing to make them sound amazing. Now that that power is gone and they are relying on production, i feel it's never gonna be the same.

I've been waiting for that real wow moment since HAND and I don't think its ever coming
Except for the first bit (because Tic is an even bigger cunt than Panda) you're spot on Rdkopper. It was Jon and Richie's voice that wow'd us for decades. Maybe we are all losing sight of this.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 8,200
Default

I've been going through and listening to some older stuff lately (trying to find a song for another member) and it really just hit me.

Jon's signature raspy voice was all that was needed. (Not being a vocalist, I think he actually sang from his throat and not his core which is probably the worst way to sing. He probably sings more correct now then he did then)

We blame the production and writing and in some ways it could be better but for other songs, I think some of it is better.

Try to vision this. Jon singing Pictures Of You like he did I'll Be There For You during the late 80's. No Matter How I Try, No Matter What I Do, I'l Still Seeing Pictures Of You with that raspy slowed down voice. Maybe a quick breath in-between.... It would be transformed into a totally different song. Or do the same with Superman Tonight.

It's My Life ruined this band for 14 years. It's the one song where production and not vocals were able to carry it. They have been trying to repeat that magic ever since.

On the opposite end of it all, if you listen to most of those 80s bands today, they all sound much worse then Bon Jovi does. Shitty low budget production, bad writing, and unnoticeable vocals.
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM
angelsambo angelsambo is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 04 Jun 2003
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
On the opposite end of it all, if you listen to most of those 80s bands today, they all sound much worse then Bon Jovi does. Shitty low budget production, bad writing, and unnoticeable vocals.
You're Wrong
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
You're Wrong
Comedy act.

Or the slight 1% that you're actually serious do you really think you can get away with just saying "You're Wrong".

Here's a clue. In a debate if you're going to disagree with someone at least try to back it up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aldo nova

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.