View Single Post

Old 04-30-2014, 02:19 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Thanks a lot! It seems like that Jon really has talent to dislike the songs who're gonna be best. Prayer and Always to name a few of his own but here they talk about Bright Lights - the best ever song done by Aldo and he didn't want it on the album. Or is it because he doesn't have a writing credit on the one?

I love Aldo's Blood On The Bricks, it's an amazing album. If it had been released a year earlier, it would have been a hit!
That's a rather accurate assessment. Jon seems to be able to shoot himself in the foot frequently. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that he is actually in the wrong business - or at least in the wrong part of the business. I think he really wanted to be Frank Sinatra not a "hairband" rock and roll star. He did what he had to do in order to be relevant in the 80's but he has disowned that part of his life for a long time now. That may be why he really can't evaluate what might be a hit or not.

But in any case I agree completely about Blood on the Bricks. I love the album and I have since I first heard it.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.