Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Alec fans!

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 AM
FighterBJ's Avatar
FighterBJ FighterBJ is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2020
Gender: male
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's not really true, Alec was banned from doing intervies, yes, but that was in 1993 when the tracks already started to show significantly. Alec was too lazy to do more press in the 80's and admitted so in the KTF era by saying that he now was ready to do more. By then, he wasn't allowed to anymore due to Jon allegedly telling him no one was interested in talking to him.



That was in Rio 1990, the first slip was to be seen on a news segment. It's been incorporated here:
YouTube
Huuh, thanks for that, I didn't laugh that much in a long time :,D
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 07-07-2020, 03:35 PM
bobby_from_finland bobby_from_finland is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 09 Dec 2014
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 24
Default

During the SWW era in an i nterview Alec and Tico were reffered as the "most experienced musicians in the band." Alec was the second after David who Jon called. To be honest, if it wasn't for Alec, there wouldn't be Bon Jovi as we know it, he made Tico and Richie join the band. Alec had played with both Richie and Tico before Jon called him up, so they would have known that he "sucked". He only started sucking after his motor cycle accident in early 90s.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-07-2020, 03:48 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 11,870
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland View Post
During the SWW era in an i nterview Alec and Tico were reffered as the "most experienced musicians in the band." Alec was the second after David who Jon called. To be honest, if it wasn't for Alec, there wouldn't be Bon Jovi as we know it, he made Tico and Richie join the band. Alec had played with both Richie and Tico before Jon called him up, so they would have known that he "sucked". He only started sucking after his motor cycle accident in early 90s.
But that would't account for why his bass tracks were replaced in the 80's though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-07-2020, 04:18 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
But that would't account for why his bass tracks were replaced in the 80's though.
I think Alec was, in his prime, an excellent live musician, but that doesn't necessarily mean his strengths were coming up with own ideas in the studio. In the 80's, I think that was the main issue. IIRC, he was mostly known for his gig in Phantoms Opera, an excellent Queen cover band.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-07-2020, 04:30 PM
FighterBJ's Avatar
FighterBJ FighterBJ is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2020
Gender: male
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I think Alec was, in his prime, an excellent live musician, but that doesn't necessarily mean his strengths were coming up with own ideas in the studio. In the 80's, I think that was the main issue. IIRC, he was mostly known for his gig in Phantoms Opera, an excellent Queen cover band.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
He played on Fahrenheit, wasn't too creative, never played on albums again. Not exactly a shame because Hugh wrote much better bass lines.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 AM
bobby_from_finland bobby_from_finland is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 09 Dec 2014
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 24
Default

Richie was interviewed for Rolling Stone before the RRHOF induction. He didn't say it straight but he made it understood that he missed Alec.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...th-jon-129365/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-13-2020, 01:37 PM
FighterBJ's Avatar
FighterBJ FighterBJ is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2020
Gender: male
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland View Post
Richie was interviewed for Rolling Stone before the RRHOF induction. He didn't say it straight but he made it understood that he missed Alec.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...th-jon-129365/
I read that article. Very interesting, thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alec, alec john such, bassist

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.