Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ being tipped for a role on.....

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Price of posting

Default JBJ being tipped for a role on.....

.....American Idol..........

.........but will turn it down due to new album and tour next year.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
.....American Idol..........

.........but will turn it down due to new album and tour next year.
Jon would never be able to pull it off anyway. He'd be sitting there with his "I am serious" face acting as if he's got the most important role in the world. It'd also make him a tad hypocritical, same for Steven Tyler. Judging the show for not having true talent on there and then becoming a judge on it to talk about how talented everyone is.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 07-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Heres hoping he leaves well alone.......Dont know about you guysbut I think all these shows just "cheapen" even more the music industry........I still cringe when I think about hin guesting on the UK version.......I can see he may say its giving a "leg up" to real talent, but its all so overproduced and manufactured.......anyone recall the lyrics to LMS isnt that about manufactured pop junk.....STAY AWAY FROM IT JON!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Jovi FANatic

jon isnt a publicity "whore", he uses his fame,he wants to be number 1 but he has manage to control the exposure and the media exceptionally. he wouldnt be a judge, he is not that desperate, even if there was not a new cd/tour in the horizon. bashing jon is a common sport in the forum but if we want to be fair the guy was always serious and through all these years there are only minor bumps on the road...sth really rare considering the exposure and the temptations he had.

By the way jon was once more in the greek islands with his family...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
anyone recall the lyrics to LMS isnt that about manufactured pop junk.....STAY AWAY FROM IT JON!!!!
Jon is exactly writing that stuff lately. What About Now, We Weren't Born To Follow, they're all very manufactured pop songs, it's what they do nowadays. Jon only wishes he could have the same sort of hit as the pop junk he claimes to despise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
jon isnt a publicity "whore", he uses his fame,he wants to be number 1 but he has manage to control the exposure and the media exceptionally. he wouldnt be a judge, he is not that desperate, even if there was not a new cd/tour in the horizon. bashing jon is a common sport in the forum but if we want to be fair the guy was always serious and through all these years there are only minor bumps on the road...sth really rare considering the exposure and the temptations he had
Jon has gone on QVC to sell his record, went on X-Factor and Idol to promote his songs, went out to coach people on the show when they were going to sing Bon Jovi songs, the man is desperate for attention. He might say he isn't in the fantastic "When We Were Beautiful" commercial but promise Jon his record will sell more copies and he'll be out there selling cookies if he'd have to. The only reason why Jon would not be going on Idol is because he lacks the charisma others have. Watching Jon talk is as fascinating as watching paint dry.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 07-21-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Judging the show for not having true talent on there and then becoming a judge on it to talk about how talented everyone is.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Tbf, if he said that he's already showing himself as a hypocrite cos I've only ever heard him laud the talent on those shows, going on about if he had to do it he'd never have made it

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Jovi FANatic

you are unfair to him...i remember the qvc thing...the only way to not make mistakes is do nothing at all...promoting his POP music in these shows isnt he worst thing...ok i will admit there is a condradiction there with the lms lyrics. but bj were always mainstream pop-rock, they were never shy to promote and share their music, and why should they? they just play their songs...as for the coaching thing...they were quite humble and down to earth, and in order to be in these systems you have to return favours...having said all that i still believe that jon has been consistent most of the time, writing,recording and touring and i trully believe making records isnt just an excuse for them just to go out on the road and make money, they are still passionate about the whole process
Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

It reads like his refusal was only because there is a new album/tour on the horizon. If there wasn't he may well have considered it. I suppose he would have to weigh up the sales boost to loss of credibility but it sounds like he may well have been interested. But I don't think it would be a right fit either way to be honest.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Jon is exactly writing that stuff lately. What About Now, We Weren't Born To Follow, they're all very manufactured pop songs, it's what they do nowadays. Jon only wishes he could have the same sort of hit as the pop junk he claimes to despise.

Jon has gone on QVC to sell his record, went on X-Factor and Idol to promote his songs, went out to coach people on the show when they were going to sing Bon Jovi songs, the man is desperate for attention. He might say he isn't in the fantastic "When We Were Beautiful" commercial but promise Jon his record will sell more copies and he'll be out there selling cookies if he'd have to. The only reason why Jon would not be going on Idol is because he lacks the charisma others have. Watching Jon talk is as fascinating as watching paint dry.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Key words "to sell his record" and "to promote his songs"...... NOT himself.

Dude, you always contradict yourself when it favors you in a topic. In one topic you blast him for not promoting his albums correctly by NOT going on such shows and now in this one you are blasting him for being on such shows.

I think Jon is one of the greatest speakers in the business. He is quick witted and always knows how to answer questions. I think he'd be a great judge.

You're just being bitter because you weren't asked.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-23-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Last Man Standing would sound even more contrived if he whored himself out to that c*nt Simon Cowell.