View Single Post

Old 08-20-2003, 11:30 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainSambora
And why not Alive, Standing, Lucky and many demos that are better than many songs of the album.

They could do a very good album
Why,why,why? Yeah hell, why?
Every **** album people think that almost all demos should have been on the album.
Two albums does not make "every **** album. It's only Crush and Bounce that have had that reaction, mostly cuz it's true. Those two albums have the highest ratio of space wasting tracks that most fans agree shouldn't be there. Moreso with Bounce than Crush. Prior to that it's just been the odd song that they left off. Such as Edge of a Broken Heart for Slippery When Wet. But it wasn't until Crush that people started with replacing a song on the album with one of the existing demos.

I also think they really screwed up with Another Reason To Believe. Definately one of the best songs period. They went out of their way to avoid releasing that other than as a B Side single. It didn't even make the Target CD. I do think it was the direct references to 9/11 and they decided to minimize that in the end. I think that was an unfortunate choice. Anyway, had they put it on the album, I'd want them to make a few changes to the final version. For one thing, give it an ending, not the fade out.

As far as the rest of the demos....I really do not care for Alive at all. I can never get past the first 15 seconds of it before I'm hitting the next track button. Standing is another one that seemed to need a bit more work. On one hand I do like it, but it's tedious. The rest of the demos, Breathe, We Can Dance, Lucky, are all preferable replacements over the ballads that actually made the album.