View Single Post

Old 01-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Nothing will change because people are spending that type of money constantly. That's why shows aren't what they used to be, that's why Jon doesn't give a **** and that's why none of us will get any information from Jon on the new album until press speak to him.
His voice is not gonna come back just because fan club events are suddenly underbooked.

BJ as a band have always been an ultra corporate machine, with insulting ticket and especially merch prices, and he's played the "working guy's band" card for close to 15 years at this point nonetheless, even when they're more the aged trophy wife's band than anything. I'm afraid that ain't gonna change.

I mean, there's other bands which are a cynical shell of packaged rebellion, too. Guns & Roses act like they're a wild and crazy bunch of street guys, when they have an orchestra on stage and ask four digit sums for VIP experiences. But they make different music, still. I like BJ's music, but it doesn't exactly lend a "beneath it all, it's still dirty and defiant rock & roll" sheen to it all.