Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 10-28-2020, 09:09 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
Jon doesnt need any pemissions from Richie or Alec. As a matter of fact, he was always the only one signed to the label. The other members are just his employees.
I wasn't talking about the stuff owned by the label. The label stuff is owned by the label end of.

My point was that if the contract didn't specify that they owned all his recordings during that period, then he can't just give away tracks as part of this club that feature Richie or Alec. It's nothing to do with the label, but if he is charging money for something (the club) and then as part of that gives away songs, for instance, that Richie co-wrote, then Richie is legally required to be paid for that, or for Richie to give his permission for it to be given away.

There is the argument that Alec and Richie were paid for their perfomances, but I don't think that really applies to a demo that the recorded in Richie's basement for instance. And it certainly doesn't apply to songwriting royalties.

There are too many variables...and i doubt it's a can of worms that Jon wants to open any time soon....

Last edited by Thinny; 10-28-2020 at 09:12 PM..