Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 10-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
How many more finished songs do we actually think there are, I doubt that there is a huge amount, and would Jon waste them on giveaways when he can wait for another box set or burning bridges. And, wouldn't he just re-record Richie's parts with Shanks like he did for Burning Bridges. Of course he would...

Regadless of who owns the publishing to the Richie co-writes, someone does and it isn't Jon....
Yep, he won't give them away in those JBJ experiences for sure and maybe we only find about them after his death.

Regarding to the publishing rights, it's only a matter of paying the equal share they own. Like every other co-written song by the band. Of course they had a Co-Writer Agreement and Jon has the control of it.

Take Saturday Night Gave Me Monday Mornings for instance. Richie was a co writer, Jon released after he's gone and replaced his guitar work for not paying Richie as a performer, known as sound recording copyright. Richie still had the royalties as a writer.

I have no idea how a die hard fan of the band still thinks that Richie, Alec or any other member would have any control over the band's material. Jon is a control freak.

Last edited by brunorc21; 10-29-2020 at 11:09 PM..