Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 12-23-2021, 01:27 PM
Keep the Faith

Beautiful guitar, no doubt about it. But does Richie even know that it has been built for him? Has anyone ever seen it in Richie's hands? I somehow doubt the story behind it. PRS does that hell of a guitar, a one-off thing, for one of the most notorious guitarists in the world. And yet no-one ever knew about it? No-one ever saw Richie playing it, talking about it, bragging about it like he used to do about quite lesser special guitars he had in the past? Not even PRS did some promotion on it? Even if they didn't plan to make a series and sell it, it would have been some nice publicity.
When I do a Google search, the only results I get all turn around that auction and that shop who's auctioning it. All auctions I've ever seen with a guitar Richie once owned always had a picture with Richie and that guitar and usually even a handwritten letter from Richie. Why not this one? Why did Orianthi gave it away and not Richie himself?
Since Norman's Rare Guitars is Richie's guitar dealer of choice and a friend, why isn't Norm the one to profit from such a special guitar given away by Richie?

I don't know...it's strange to me.