Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
It's tough to say a song like Prayer and Bad Name are timeless because they influenced or were influenced by the 80's SO hugely. The synth sounds, the way the snare is, the production. As songs, Prayer feels much more timeless in its arrangement, I don't know I could say the same for Bad Name.
Bon Jovi's 80's songs have more of that timeless sound than many of their peers did. But that also has a lot to do with the songs, we're used to them so we take them for granted, but take 8 of the 10 songs from Slippery, and with updated production and arrangement they could be released today by either a pop or a rock band.

BTW has anybody been watching Ms. Marvel on Disney+? I haven't been keeping with the whole marvel superhero thing much since End game but The show takes place in Jersey and the supposedly they mention Bon Jovi a lot and had a Pakistani tribute band called Brown Jovi in it. A friend sent me an action scene in which Livin on a Prayer was playing so I'm gonna get around to watching it eventually just out of curiosity ��....

Last edited by Javier; 06-27-2022 at 10:39 PM..