Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2001  
Old 05-14-2023, 09:31 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 3,267
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
5 years of the RSO album.

Have we missed something? Is there some song worth it there?
Not sure I understand the question. If you haven't heard the album the Richie stuff is worth checking out.

I Don't Want To Have To Need You Now
Forever All The Way
Take Me
One Night Of Peace
Hellbound Train

Walk With Me is a nice song too.
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #2002  
Old 05-23-2023, 04:51 PM
jon-flp's Avatar
jon-flp jon-flp is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 19 Dec 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 1,251
Send a message via MSN to jon-flp
Default

hey all,

do we know what this video is about? I mean, not Jon talking about wildflower, but the video being recorded, with Tico and Richie with an acoustic guitar...never seen this footage before. Maybe it was part of the first version of "Welcome to wherever you are" video??

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsewN6jr...RlODBiNWFlZA==
__________________
Posting in a room at the end of the world.
Reply With Quote
  #2003  
Old 05-23-2023, 06:13 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Posting everyday
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 7,416
Default

The video was part of the webcast leading up to the promo show from Amsterdam 2005. It also may have been part of that extended Have A Nice Day edition that had a bonus DVD.
The band had rented a theatre for about a week to rehearse before the tour (don't remember exactly where). They even played a show for the local military personnel there. Pretty sure it was just some footage taken there for stuff like this (promo clips etc).

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2004  
Old 05-24-2023, 01:44 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 14,158
Default

Oh cool! The footage was shot around the time as what was shown in the Have A Nice Day EPK, and there's shots of the abandoned Welcome to wherever You are video shoot in there.

I'd reckon this was another piece of that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #2005  
Old 05-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The band had rented a theatre for about a week to rehearse before the tour (don't remember exactly where). They even played a show for the local military personnel there.
Expo Theatre at Monmouth Army Base: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...ew-jersey-usa/
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2006  
Old 06-26-2023, 10:58 AM
DryCounty's Avatar
DryCounty DryCounty is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 25 Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Gender: male
Posts: 2,745
Default

Gave This House Is Not For Sale a listen for the first time in a while the other day. I still like the album quite much, but I started thinking, did we ever get any confirmation on which four tracks Phil played? Born Again Tomorrow is one of them but the other three I just can't recall. Judging by ear I'd say that All Hail the King definitely sounds like a solo written and played by Phil.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2007  
Old 06-26-2023, 02:34 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 14,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Gave This House Is Not For Sale a listen for the first time in a while the other day. I still like the album quite much, but I started thinking, did we ever get any confirmation on which four tracks Phil played? Born Again Tomorrow is one of them but the other three I just can't recall. Judging by ear I'd say that All Hail the King definitely sounds like a solo written and played by Phil.
All Hail the King, Born Again Tomorrow, Knockout and Come On Up to Our House if I recall were the confirmed 4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #2008  
Old 07-06-2023, 10:25 PM
PanosBonJovi's Avatar
PanosBonJovi PanosBonJovi is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2011
Location: Greece
Gender: male
Posts: 673
Default

Jon attended Springsteen's show tonight in London. I think it's the first show of Bruce that he attends in 2023.
__________________
"Talk about a dream, try to make it real"
Reply With Quote
  #2009  
Old 07-06-2023, 11:28 PM
Butters's Avatar
Butters Butters is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 17 Oct 2006
Age: 38
Gender: male
Posts: 2,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
Jon attended Springsteen's show tonight in London. I think it's the first show of Bruce that he attends in 2023.
Really? Any pictures you can share? I was just looking up the set list and no word of JBJ joining him on stage.
__________________
These days the stars seem out of reach
But these days there ain't a ladder on these streets
These days are fast, love don't last in this graceless age
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Reply With Quote
  #2010  
Old 07-07-2023, 12:57 AM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 8,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Really? Any pictures you can share? I was just looking up the set list and no word of JBJ joining him on stage.
I don't think Jon Bon Jovi will ever sing live again.

Hopefully AI Technology will allow an album or two but I think it's over.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.