Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2019, 04:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

“Jon Bon Jovi and Mick Jagger are the two smartest musicians I know. Jon will walk into my office on a random Tuesday and go, “OK, last time in Omaha we did $12 a head in merch. What are we going to do tonight?”

He knows. He knows everything. Whereas, different artists and managers get involved to different degrees. Whatever works for that organization, works.” — Larry Richter

I saw some complaints about Jon being a businessman. I have no problem with this quote. I see it as a compliment. Maybe because my father was a successful self-made businessman, I know that if you’re the one paying the bills, you better know exactly where the money is coming in and where it’s going. Some people just have a gift for numbers. I have an aunt who can remember the birthday of every person she knows and she doesn’t need any Facebook reminders. My dad had a number game that was his thing and I caught on to it, so we would play. No one else understood it and since he died, no one else ever will. WE benefit because Jon has the intelligence to know these things. If he didn’t, they might be like Michael Jackson who died in heavy debt because he didn’t have a clue how to control his own financial issues.