Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Who here is incapable of doing two things well?

If YOU can do two or more things in your life and do them well, why do you think Jon should be limited to either being an artist OR being a businessman OR being a humanitarian?

If you cannot do two different things well, expand your ambitions.
Becky, again that is not what I said. It shouldn't be too hard if you know how to balance it but looking at the setlists and the quality of the performance during the last couple years, it is obvious that he can't do it well. Hardly any concert since Riche left has had that spark or performance where you think: wow, the band is killing it because they are totally into the music

Jon himself said in an interview that he thinks about other stuff while he is on stage and that he doesn't really like touring (SK interview with his wife) .
Many times he comes across as a self-serving and arrogant, when it serves him, he acts humbled

Speech when the Clintons were present:
'Me and Dorothea are so humbled that the Clintons are our friends'
Runaway Tours: 'Jon, you are quite a humbled guy' Jon: 'well i am not!'
At an interview he literally said that he tells them that charity will get them higher than drugs'

Best thing by far was when he held his hall of fame speech and was so eager to tell the world that his wife is God's biggest gift to him and then closed his eyes, shook his head and rolled his eyes. When asked in an interview he avoided to give a clear answer and totally dismissed the thing he said during his speech
He is constantlly saying what he thinks people want to hear, so he is pitching himself and throwing a bit of a nice smile into the mix. He says he has got a chip on his shoulder what translates to feeling the need to prove himself and he is constantly bragging about how many albums he has sold, how many meals the SK has provided ans so on so it shows that he needs to feel important.

So if you are really a humanitarian, do you need to mention in every interview that you have served 80000 meals (that is just someone who brags about his business)

I thought you studied psychology? It is basic intrinsic VS extrinsic motivation: Intrinsic: I do something because the thing itself is important to me / extrinsic: I do things to get good grades, validation etc. --> climbing the next mountain and the next just to prove yourself.

Usually it is a mix of extrinsic and intrinsic motivation but Jon made clear that it is his chip on his shoulder.
And that is the reason why rewards such as awards can lower your intrinsic motivation and turn into an extrinsic one which make you less creative.

Last edited by faith1985; 03-16-2019 at 11:15 PM..