Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 11-19-2019, 01:30 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I'd love to hear Rage of Angels, too; but I doubt that one will see the light of day. According to one of the co-writers, Joe Lynn Turner, it was "vowed not to be released". Even though it was mentioned among possible titles for THINFS, I agree that it wasn't an outtake from that album, unless it resurfaced for some reason, because the quote from Turner was published in 2009.

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...st1244883.html
Aerosmith albums Desmond Child has co-writing credit on:
-Music From Another Dimension! - 2012, but the song he contributed to that one might actually be older, seeing how some songs on that one were old outtakes. Anyway, it's unlikely that JLT was talking about this album in 2009, seeing... 2012 is after 2009. So, the most recent one would be...

-Nine Lives - 1997. One song, "Hole In My Soul". Doesn't sound a lot like LOAP.

So that would date the song to AT LEAST 1997. The FIRST Aerosmith album DC appeared on as a writer is '87's Permanent Vacation.

Joe Lynn Turner wrote with Desmond Child, too. The second Sunstorm album had the song Walk On, which, afair, was an old song. I thought the Sunstorm records used some stuff from a discarded solo album by Turner. His first solo album was in '85, his second in '95, so that would put these songwriting sessions somewhere around the time when JBJ & DC had indeed begun writing together.