Thread: Anything Thread
View Single Post

Old 11-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Speaking of that song. The new-ish upload by Poets themselves lists the writers, which include Richie Supa. Considering how much the pre-chorus (especially) and the chorus (still somewhat) sound like vocal lines Richie would probably sing, could this song actually date back to his Undiscovered Soul writing sessions? The arrangement and all are more regular Bon Jovi, probably why it was held back (and later tackled with Jon), but I'm not sure the band even did any writing with Richie Supa for the Bounce album.
Yep, that's what the singer had told me some time back on FB - that Richie Supa had written the song with Jon and Richie. Back then some wouldn't believe me because some songwriters database listed it differently. Goes to show that not every information in there is spot on either.
I actually think that the song, "One To Say Goodbye", was a left-over from the Crush sessions where all kind of material was brought together (Jon solo / Richie solo / newly written songs) and it was then passed on to the Poets.