Home Register Members FAQ

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 04:21 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Just for the record, she had nothing to do with any bribing what so ever. She couldn't even give a shit about the 3 day ban either... And to be honest, I couldn't give a shit about my ban either. I go longer days between posts all the time.

I was just mad at the principle behind it all. I tried explaining this to Captain Jovi but he did nothing about it.

That tread about Why This Board Has Gone To The Shitter should have just been re-titled to "Why do Rd and Yo Suck" ... I mean every other comment was about us. We defend ourselves and get banned for throwing this wonderful thread about ripping us up, off topic. The whole thing is ****ing stupid and it's entrapment.

So yeah, I have every right to be pissed.

A good mod would have moved that thread to the non-band section where it belongs and shut it down once it started attacking members, even if you do think they deserved it.

Captain Jovi and Mod Team,
Because that thread contains nothing more than personal attacks against myself and Yovana, I am asking you to delete it from this board. Our names are mentioned way too many times (both positive and negative) and the tile is misleading... or edit the tread to remove any post that contains our names?

God, a "good mod" give me a break.

I'm more than happy to delete the thread, but please be aware where you fly off the handle and use insults and curse at people....no one wants to deal with that. You would have had more luck if you calmed the hell down and stopped lashing out when you don't get what you want. That thread was the culmination of a lot of things but please stop acting like a confused puppy and you weren't warned about the way you act on this board. You know it, I know it and everyone who didn't say "this wasn't deserved" knows it.

EDIT: The thread has been deleted, now can we please drop it?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:34 AM
These Days

Quote:
...I was just mad at the principal behind it all. I tried explaining this to Captain Jovi but he did nothing about it...Why This Board Has Gone To The Shitter should have just been re-titled to "Why do Rd and Yo Suck" ... I mean every other comment was about us...So yeah, I have every right to be pissed...

Captain Jovi and Mod Team,
Because that thread contains nothing more than personal attacks against myself and Yovana, I am asking you to delete it from this board. Are names are mentioned way too many times (both positive and negative) and the tile is misleading... or edit the tread to remove any post that contains our names?
RDK, I know you don't like long posts, but I hope you'll take the time to read this one; because, believe it or not, I can see your side in this.

First off, I can't disagree with a lot that you said. I understand why you're angry and I can't say I blame you. I still take exception to the implication that the mods don't do a good job because I believe they try their best not to interfere with the threads unless people get abusive; and they took almost as much heat over this as you guys did. But I can also see why you feel the way you do atm, because several people pushed or, imo, even crossed that line.

In all fairness, while you make some good points, you and Yovana had a part to play in why that other thread became so objectionable. IF it had been just that one thread that your OT posts disrupted, your case would be much stronger. But, tbh, any thread that's active is in danger, at any given point, of being taken over by the "RD and YO Show" (to put a spin on your alt title for that other thread); so people had a valid reason for complaining. But I honestly think if you and Yovana cut that out, as you had started to do, people will go back to recognizing the good stuff you both bring to the board. And you DO bring good stuff. I don't care what any of your "critics" say about that. They're dead wrong.

As I said, I agree that you have every right to be pissed. Nobody wants to read post after post about how [insert negative adjective] he and the person he's posting with are. Hell, I was pissed off on your behalf. I just personally think that your anger may have been misdirected.

If you think it will help, I can add my voice to yours, requesting that the thread in question be moved to the non-band section; because I agree that it got out of hand and that the non-band section is a better place for it. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it deleted; because besides the valid points you and others made about why the board isn't as active, I thought it was quite impressive the way a lot people demonstrated a sense of community by defending you and Yovana, and pointing out some of the good ways you guys help keep the board alive. (Things that have nothing to do with rarities, thank God.)

JMO, for what it's worth...

EDIT: Oops! I hit submit too late. It's my cat's fault, I swear. Scratch that last paragraph, since the thread's already been deleted. Sorry guys, consider it dropped now, by me, too.

Last edited by JackieBlue; 02-12-2019 at 04:41 AM..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 AM
The Distance

Thank You! (Jackie too - I read it after I posted this)And Yes, Let's Move On...

Now with the lack of anything going on with the Band, I will now become somewhat invisible... You can all enjoy your drama free post board!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019, 04:38 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post

In all fairness, while you make some good points, you and Yovana had a part to play in why that other thread became so objectionable. IF it had been just that one thread that your OT posts disrupted, your case would be much stronger. But, tbh, any thread that's active is in danger, at any given point, of being taken over by the "RD and YO Show" (to put a spin on your alt title for that other thread); so people had a valid reason for complaining. But I honestly think if you and Yovana cut that out, as you had started to do, people will go back to recognizing the good stuff you both bring to the board. And you DO bring good stuff. I don't care what any of your "critics" say about that. They're dead wrong.

This is a good summary. RD, you bring a lot of value to the board. We just ask that you and Yov respect people's wishes that they don't want your back and forth.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Price of posting

Just take conversations to PM - simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM
WhamATC

I use Google Chrome, Alphavictim.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
I will now become somewhat invisible...
Like "Fingerprints"? Lol...

Jon Bon Jovi will be receiving an honorary Doctor of Music (University of Pennsylvania Commencement, on May 20)
Old 02-14-2019, 06:33 AM
This Post Feels Right

Another confirmation Shanks played on records PRE-What About Now.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
John Shanks visits Norman's Rare Guitars - YouTube

Another confirmation Shanks played on records PRE-What About Now.
The way he plays that acoustic just conforms to me that he is such an average guitar player and has no place in the band!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:59 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
Yes and now we know that a new single could come out in August and a new album in the fall...
Um, I haven't watched it yet, but that was posted in May 2010 so I don't think he's talking about August 2019.